Slow down and make something new - slow stitching is a new term for creating beautiful, usable items from reclaimed textile pieces.
Slow Stitching is the practice of hand sewing with intention and thoughtfulness, whilst giving us the perfect time to take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. This is a simple process similar to Japanese Boro or Indian Kantha stitching, where the focus is on simple stitches and creating something beautiful with your hands.
- Pre-loved textile pieces and material to choose from kindly provided by The Nest Haberdashery Thrift Shop
- Tea and coffee facilities available.
- Lots of friendly faces and great conversations
What to bring
- General hand sewing supplies, if you have them – sewing needles, scissors, embroidery hoop, etc.
Terms and conditions
Our cancellation policy depends on when you cancel. We have to arrange class tutors and prep for the classes. As many of our classes are fully booked, last minute cancellations would result in a loss of income. We are a small not for profit organisation and rely on the income from our classes.
1. If a class is cancelled by The Nest community (eg due to minimum number not reached, tutor not available due to covid), you will receive a full refund for you to rebook at your convenience.
2. If you cannot attend a workshop, it is vital that you contact us to allow us to fill your space on the workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
a) Cancellation with 7 or more days notice will receive a full refund for you to rebook at your convenience.
b) Cancellation with less than 7 days notice, will not be refunded. If a medical certificate is provided, we can issue you with a credit note valid for 6 months.
c) Failure to attend on the day of the class will result in a loss of your class fee.