Social Enterprise Complexity & Systems Change Day
In April 2020, a study was initiated in Australia to advance the development of a national social enterprise strategy. A key recommendation from this study was that the Australian social enterprise sector should take a ‘missions or systems-led approach’.
The Social Enterprise Complexity & Systems Change Day is an opportunity for the social enterprise sector to come together to hear about some of the systems-led work that is occurring in our sector. The Day has been structured around four themes:
- Social entrepreneurs intervening in non-optimal systems
- Social entrepreneurial ecosystems as complex adaptive systems
- Weaving and transitioning social enterprise networks, and
- Financing system transitions
- Alex Hannant - Co-Director Yunus Centre at Griffith University
- Alice Louka - Program Manager, Map the System, Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, University of Oxford
- Amanda Kiessel - Cofounder The Good Market, Ashoka Fellow, Social Enterprise World Forum Board Member & Buy Social USA Board Member
- Bec Scott - Co-founder and CEO STREAT
- Belinda Morrissey - CEO English Family Foundation
- Emily Humphreys - CEO and Cofounder Wicked Lab
- Jess Moore - Executive Director Social Enterprise National Strategy
- Kate Barrelle - Co-founder and Chief Impact Officer STREAT
- Miriam Lumb - Policy & Strategy Manager South Australian Fire and Emergency Commission
- Nick Verginis - CEO Social Enterprise Network Victoria & Co-chair Catalyst 2030 Social Entrepreneurial Scholar-Practitioner Group
- Roberto Daniele - Co-Chair Catalyst 2030 Australasia and Australia Chapters
- Sharon Zivkovic - CEO Community Capacity Builders, Cofounder & Chief Innovation Officer Wicked Lab, UniSA Yunus Social Business Centre Board Member, Co-Chair Catalyst 2030 Australia Chapter
This event is the first in a series of Social Enterprise Complexity & Systems Change events that are being planned by the Australian social enterprise sector.
The day will be MC'd by Sanjaya Kuruppa, Director UniSA Yunus Social Business Centre & Associate Stream Director UniSA Centre for Markets, Values and Inclusion.
Download the full day's program here
A link to the event will be emailed to registrants prior to the event.