Spring Clean Your CV with John (Online)
The flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing and the weather is getting warmer (hopefully). You know what that means right? Spring has sprung!
If you’re doing a spot of spring cleaning, then don’t forget about your CV. When was last time you looked at it? Does it need a refresher?
Your CV is basically your personal sales brochure and whether you are actively looking for a job or not, it’s essential to have an updated CV at all times. After all, you never know when opportunity will strike, and you don’t want to be left behind because you forgot to update yours.
In this class, Johnathan will show you how to create a stand-out CV just like a recruiter reads it. Coming from a recruitment background, he’s seen the good, the bad and the ugly…and the excellent! So, he knows what it takes to create a successful CV to communicate your brand, skills and value to help you land your next job!
What will we cover?
In this online workshop, Johnathan is going to teach you practical tips, techniques and clever hacks that will get your CV noticed.
You will learn how to:
- Create a standout About Me section that communicates your brand and value
- Clearly articulate your skills and areas of expertise
- Skilfully communicate your work experience and achievements
- Create an ATS friendly CV that is easily scanned by recruiters
- Avoid the classic mistakes that can sabotage your job applications.
What will I need?
- Something to jot down ideas
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nations Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Johnathan (he/him) is a Senior Career Consultant who specialises in Career Management Strategies and Personal Branding.
Over the last 8 years, he has worked with over 400 professionals across a range of industries to help them consciously and strategically design the career they truly desire.
Johnathan can help you find your professional ‘voice’ with proven strategies that enable you to design your career exactly the way you want it to be and feel more energised in your work than you ever thought possible.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.