Teaching on the Run (Virtual): 25th June
About the Course
Teaching on the Run (TOTR) Program is from the highly acclaimed TELL Centre's suite of professional development programs. Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) is proud to run six of the Foundation Workshops as part of their education and training portfolio. The Foundation Workshops provide participants with practical skills, knowledge and confidence to fulfill their roles as a clinical teacher, supervisor or assessor.
|Registration||08:45 - 9:00|
|Planning Learning||09:00 - 11:00|
|Break||11:00 - 11:15|
|Clinical Teaching||11:15 - 13:15|
|Lunch||13:15 - 13:45|
|Effective Group Teaching||13:45 - 15:45|
|Summary and Close||15:45 - 16:00|
This is an online course and some pre-reading is required. This will be sent to you upon registration.
You will receive your pre-course materials and virtual link details upon registration. If you do not, please contact PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au .
This workshop focuses on planning effective placements and participants will:
• Define and identify the purpose of learning outcomes.
• Recognise the importance of teaching and learning preferences.
• Develop a Learning Plan.
• Discuss elements of the Learning Plan.
• Explore challenges with implementation.
• Identify benefits of lesson planning.
• Recognise the importance of getting to know the learner.
This workshop provides a framework for teaching and
• Identify the benefits of teaching.
• Explore adult learning principles and areas of learning.
• Define SNAPPS for clinical reasoning.
• Explore the positive critique method.
• Practice clinical teaching and giving feedback.
• Utilise the teaching framework: Set, Dialogue and Closure.
• Increase confidence in teaching ability.
Effective Group Teaching
This workshop will explore large group teaching and participants will:
• Identify considerations and challenges when group teaching.
• Recognise effective group teaching methods.
• Explore a framework for group teaching.
• Identify strategies to evaluate teaching.
• Identify benefits and challenges of small and large group teaching.
• Explore active learning strategies.
• Practice presenting and evaluating teaching.
A certificate of completion will be provided to participants issued by the TELL Centre once all face to face and online learning components have been completed.
Timely registrations close 17th June COB.
Whilst all efforts will be made to send course materials and links as soon as possible, please note that there might be a slight delay for late registrations. Contact PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au if you have not received your course material.
Registration will be refunded for cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event. Registration will not be refunded for cancellations of less than 2 business days (48 hours), nor for non-attendance.
For further information on the TOTR Program, please email PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au.
Cancellation and Rescheduling:
PMCV courses are subject to minimum and maximum group numbers. Courses may be cancelled or postponed if minimum numbers are not achieved by the scheduled date. Courses may close prior to the start date if the maximum numbers are achieved. In both situations, applicants will be re-scheduled to the next available course.
48 hours’ notice, or 2 business days, will be given in case of course rescheduling or cancellation.
Sessions tailored to your organisation:
We also run bespoke Teaching on the Run sessions with organisations. If you are interested in this service, please contact us to book.