Teaching on the Run Course - Virtual - 30th June 2023
About the Course
Teaching on the Run (TOTR) Program is from the highly acclaimed TELL Centre's suite of professional development programs. Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) is proud to run six of the Foundation Workshops as part of their education and training portfolio. The Foundation Workshops provide participants with practical skills, knowledge and confidence to fulfil their roles as a clinical teacher, supervisor or assessor.
|Registration||08:30 - 8:45|
|Supporting Learners||08:45 - 10:45|
|Break||10:45 - 11:00|
|Assessment Fundamentals||11:00- 13:00|
|Lunch||13:00 - 13:30|
|Skills Teaching||13:30 - 15:30|
This is an online course and some pre-reading is required. This will be sent to you upon registration. You will receive your pre-course materials and virtual link details at least a week prior to the course date. If you do not, please contact PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au
This workshop addresses learner issues and participants will:
• Analyse clinical placement scenarios.
• Recognise learner, supervision and system problems.
• Identify flags for immediate action.
• Apply a framework for supporting learners.
• Identify and discuss learner-related problems.
• Implement the PAAR framework with learners.
• Explore management and prevention of problems.
• Increase confidence to deal with difficult situations.
This workshop focuses on the basics of assessment and participants will:
• Identify elements of effective feedback.
• Recognise when to give feedback.
• Critique the feedback process.
• Define different types of assessment.
• Discuss formative feedback experiences.
• Identify key principles of assessment.
• Build confidence with formative and summative assessment.
This workshop focuses on the 4-step approach and participants will:
• Define the cognitive elements of a skill.
• Identify the features of a skill.
• Examine the four-step approach.
• Explore the positive critique for giving feedback.
• Practice the four-step approach and giving feedback.
• Discuss applying the four-step approach in the workplace.
• Discuss competence and performance.
A certificate of completion will be provided to participants issued by the TELL Centre once all face to face and online learning components have been completed.
Timely registrations close 23rd June 2023 COB.
Whilst all efforts will be made to send course materials and links as soon as possible, please note that there might be a slight delay for late registrations. Contact PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au if you have not received your course material.
Registration will be refunded for cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event.
For further information on the TOTR Program, please email PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au.
Cancellation and Rescheduling:
PMCV courses are subject to minimum and maximum group numbers. Courses may be cancelled or postponed if minimum numbers are not achieved by the scheduled date. Courses may close prior to the start date if the maximum numbers are achieved. In both situations, applicants will be re-scheduled to the next available course.
48 hours’ notice, or 2 business days, will be given in case of course rescheduling or cancellation.
Sessions tailored to your organisation:
We also run bespoke Teaching on the Run sessions with organisations. If you are interested in this service, please contact us to book.