Teaching on the Run (Virtual): One Day Course 28th May
About the Course
Teaching on the Run (TOTR) Program is from the highly acclaimed TELL Centre's suite of professional development programs. Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) is proud to run six of the Foundation Workshops as part of their education and training portfolio. The Foundation Workshops provide participants with practical skills, knowledge and confidence to fulfill their roles as a clinical teacher, supervisor or assessor.
|Registration||08:45 - 09:00|
|Assessment Fundamentals||09:00 - 11:00|
|Break||11:00 - 11:15|
|Clinical Supervision||11:15 - 13:15|
|Lunch||13:15 - 13:45|
|Supporting Learners||13:45 - 15:45|
|Summary and Close||15:45 - 16:00|
This is an online course and some pre-reading is required. This will be sent to you upon registration.
You will receive your pre-course materials and virtual link details upon registration. If you do not, please contact PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au
This workshop focuses on the basics of assessment and participants will:
• Identify elements of effective feedback.
• Recognise when to give feedback.
• Critique the feedback process.
• Define different types of assessment.
• Discuss formative feedback experiences.
• Identify key principles of assessment.
• Build confidence with formative and summative assessment.
This workshop focuses on the development of skills to support
student clinical supervision and participants will:
• Define CS and functions of supervision.
• Explore the benefits & challenges of different models.
• Identify the benefits of establishing a CS agreement.
• Reflect on giving feedback to learners.
• Self-assess supervisor skills.
• Discuss key functions and core skills.
• Establish an appropriate supervisor-supervisee
• Discuss documentation to support CS.
This workshop addresses learner issues and participants will:
• Analyse clinical placement scenarios.
• Recognise learner, supervision and system problems.
• Identify flags for immediate action.
• Apply a framework for supporting learners.
• Identify and discuss learner-related problems.
• Implement the PAAR framework with learners.
• Explore management and prevention of problems.
• Increase confidence to deal with difficult situations.
A certificate of completion will be provided to participants issued by the TELL Centre once all face to face and online learning components have been completed.
Timely registrations close 20th May COB.
Late registrations close 25th May COB.
Whilst all efforts will be made to send course materials and links as soon as possible, please note that there might be a slight delay for late registrations. Contact PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au if you have not received your course material.
Registration will be refunded for cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event. Registration will not be refunded for cancellations of less than 2 business days (48 hours), nor for non-attendance.
For further information on the TOTR Program, please email PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au.
Cancellation and Rescheduling:
PMCV courses are subject to minimum and maximum group numbers. Courses may be cancelled or postponed if minimum numbers are not achieved by the scheduled date. Courses may close prior to the start date if the maximum numbers are achieved. In both situations, applicants will be re-scheduled to the next available course.
48 hours’ notice, or 2 business days, will be given in case of course rescheduling or cancellation.
Sessions tailored to your organisation:
We also run bespoke Teaching on the Run sessions with organisations. If you are interested in this service, please contact us to book.