Term 4 Diversity & Inclusion Youth Design Challenge: Educator PD session
The Diversity and Inclusion Youth Design Challenge is still running in Term 4 2023.
The challenge can be run with your students in various ways using our toolkits and curriculum links.
You can choose to run this challenge in a 90 min session (where students can continue on at their own pace) through to a full-term program.
Join us for special Educator PD session where we break down:
- Introduction to design thinking and the challenge
- How to use the resources (including digital templates)
- Facilitator tips and tricks for running the challenge
- How to enter student projects for feedback and the opportunity to become a Finalist/Winner
More about the Challenge
Between July to November 2023, we have been challenging young people aged 10-21 across Australia to ideate solutions to:
"How might we reimagine a more diverse, inclusive and accessible world for young people?"
As part of this challenge, we're asking young people to focus on one of five key themes:
- Cultural Diversity: How might we encourage the practice of understanding and celebrating people from different social and ethnic backgrounds including First Nations people?
- Accessibility: How might we help create safe, accessible and inclusive practices and spaces for people with seen and/or unseen disabilities?
- Identity: How might we help create safe, accessible and inclusive practices and spaces for everyone?
- Regional and Rural Development: How might we build diversity, inclusion and accessibility in regional and rural Australia to support local communities?
- Technology: How might we utilise technology to encourage and enable accessible and/ or inclusive practices?