Webinar Recording: Testing & Checklists for bodyworkers- The Upper Body
CPE: 1.5 CPE point
Access: Webinar recordings can be watched at any time.
Testing & Checklists for Body-workers: The Upper Body
The majority of therapists are looking for specific and effective home-care/ exercises to extend the results of a therapy session. As an assessor and trainer of the current RM training package, I know this very issue is still not addressed for newly graduating therapists either. So let us play!
You will take away mobility drills to open joint ranges and learn simple corrective exercises to help align and release common postural dysfunctions, typically seen in the clinic.
In this webinar we will discuss the following:
- Upper Cross Syndrome
- Gleno-humeral rhythm corrective firing exercise + Kinaesthetic based wall drills.
- Commonly seen and emerging issues including smart phone “text neck” & ‘head horns’ (occipital spurs).
- How to provide somatic awareness of alignment (seated & standing).
- The importance of engagement/ activation drills.
- Testing of “what’s normal” (test sheet given);
- Mobility drills, corrective neural repatterning exercises and stretches.
This is part of a 2 part webinar series. You may choose to purchase just one or both webinars.
Part 1 discusses the Lower Body and can be purchased separately.
Click here for more information.
“I know first-hand how debilitating pain can be. Originally a movement coach and trainer, I turned to movement therapy as a way to restore myself to full health after experiencing serious back injury.
I've dedicated my life to developing effective techniques to help others manage and recover from pain and stress. For the past 22+ years I have immersed myself in all things therapy and movement.”
Since 2016 Donna has been on the speaking circuit running workshops alone, in collaboration with other industry professionals and ATMS. Through these workshops Posture Plus has found a resurgence and 2019 saw the launch of the ‘train the trainer’ Posture Plus workshop series.