The 2022 Sydney Web3 Summit
The 2022 Sydney Web3 Summit promises to be the most exciting web3 event in Sydney yet. Over 20 different panellists from the web3 community will debate and discuss a number of ‘controversial’ questions. After the debate, the web3 pitch event will begin. $12,500AUD worth of BitCoin will be awarded to the best web3 pitch on the night. It’s winner takes all. The audience votes. A huge thank you to all of the event sponsors including: KPMG high growth ventures, Independent Reserve, Fishburners, Mike Angell.
Venue: Fishburners, SSH level 2, 11 York Street
Pitch Judges: Mike Angell (Wurtulla), Terry Hilsberg (InnoHub Capital), Stephanie Bazley (Airtree), Jemma Xu (Fork Ventures)
Running Order: (MCs Mark Monfort / Nick Bishop)
5.30pm to 6pm
Arrivals and networking drinks
6pm to 6.05pm
Welcome and Traditional Landowners Acknowledgement
6.05pm to 6.30pm
6 x 90 seconds each, then one question from the judges for each finalist
6.35pm to 7.15pm
4 x Panels, 10mins each max
7.15pm to 7.30pm
Comfort break and quick networking
7.35pm to 7.50pm
3 x 3mins plus judge questions
7.50pm to 8pm
Winner Announced, prize given by Mike Angell
Networking and revelry
Panel 1 - What is Web3?
Finder: Fred Schebesta
KPMG / TransHuman: Peter Xing
Metaverse Sydney: Patricia Haueisse
Airtree: Stephanie Bazley
- I didn’t even realise there was web1 and web2, so what’s web3 to you?
- Crypto adoption is broadly following the pace of internet adoption. What do you think slows this down or speeds it up?
- How do you explain web3 to your Mum or Dad?
- What is one thing the critics have right about web3?
Panel 2 - Regulation; Wot? Wen?
Ashurst: Stuart Dullard
Legal Vision: Chris Elias
Fork Ventures: Jemma Zu
- Crypto is all just scams isn’t it? How has this been allowed to happen?
- 3 of our semi finalists here tonight are DAOs, where does a DAO stand from a legal perspective?
- Jemma how do investors like VCs deal with the legal and regulatory uncertainty when appraising an investment?
- You have one sentence to deliver to the new Labor government on regulation - what is it?
Panel 3 - More Than Memes?
MulgaKongz: Joel Moore
Immutable: Howie Zhang
VNCCII: Sami Tauber
- NFTs - it’s all jpegs of apes and cats isn’t it? Where is the value in that if I can just save the picture?
- Gaming - can we ever have blockchain games that are as enjoyable as Playstation?
- What value do NFTs add for a creative then?
- What’s the best kept entertainment secret in web3?
Panel 4 - Will blockchain kill the planet or save it?
Katalyst Earth: Mitchell Board
Mycelium: Mitchell Travers
NFT Factory: Priscilla Koukoui
GiveTree: Sam Joel
- What’s the deal with bitcoin and environmental impacts, why do people have a beef here?
- What impact does renewable energy have in this space?
- In what ways could the technology benefit the environment?
- What’s the best kept secret about blockchain and ESG?
Fishburners is much more than a coworking space. We are a not for profit, passionate community of 300+ scalable tech startups that only exists thanks to our amazing sponsors. We are dedicated to inspiring and helping startups get started, grow, and succeed. Our goal is to make the hardest thing you’ve ever done easier!
We do this through our different memberships which provide the facilities, resources, learning and development, mentoring, and connections that you need for your idea to come to life and flourish. We also open our doors and host some of the largest, regular events in the Australian startup ecosystem, including our weekly lunchtime learning workshops, and Shark Tank-style, Friday night pitches. Member or not, you're welcome to attend and/or get involved! Any questions about memberships or events, please feel free to email email@example.com.