Go Gentle Australia and VADANZ (Voluntary Assisted Dying Australia & NZ) present the inaugural Voluntary Assisted Dying National Conference in Sydney on 27-28 Sept 2023. Join the growing community of voluntary assisted dying (VAD) health professionals, policymakers, peak bodies and health advocacy organisations to share, reflect and build the future of end-of-life care in Australia and New Zealand.
What to expect?
This conference recognises the importance of VAD as a growing body of clinical practice and provides a space to learn more about VAD, the people and systems involved, and what can be improved.
You will have the chance to meet interstate colleagues and hear from leaders in VAD practice from across Australia and New Zealand, as well as take part in interactive sessions to develop policy priorities and plan for future collaboration. You will:
- Understand the frontline experiences of health professionals delivering VAD care
- Meet interstate colleagues and learn from counterparts in other jurisdictions
- Gather insights from Chairs of VAD Review Boards, state health departments and Ministers
- Explore innovations and new care models for VAD from within hospice and palliative care
- Discuss, identify and align on areas for improvement
- Shape collective policy priorities and make plans for future collaboration
Two-day conference program - view the full program here
*Please be aware of ticket categories when ordering your tickets - Day 1 is for clinicians ONLY*
Day 1: Wed 27 Sept - Health professionals only
The first day is for health professionals working in a clinical capacity, including clinicians directly involved in VAD and working in end-of-life care. Health professionals are encouraged to attend both days with a combined 2-day ticket.
Day 2: Thurs 28 Sept - All welcome
The second day is open to all policymakers, peak bodies and health advocacy organisations, as well as health professionals. Attendees will develop and align policy priorities and make plans for further collaboration in 2024 and beyond.
Please note: The NSW VAD Implementation Conference will take place on Friday 29 Sept so it is possible to attend both.
Read our FAQs here: https://www.gogentleaustralia....
Still got questions? Please email our team at email@example.com