Voice to Parliament Yarn 2023
Come Yarn with Red Dust as we discuss the Voice to Parliament.
Develop the mindset and confidence to be an active ally, by joining us in a 60-minute discussion on the Voice to Parliament.
In this yarn we will delve into the key elements that underpin the Uluru Statement of the Heart and the impact it has on the future of First Nations Australians.
What will we focus on?
- The history and context of the Voice to Parliament as proposed in the Uluru Statement from the Heart.
- The reasons a Voice to Parliament is being proposed
- What a Voice to Parliament can do and what it can’t do
- The referendum question and why a change to the constitution is necessary.
- Proposals by Indigenous experts for the implementation model of the Voice to Parliament if the referendum is successful
- The diversity of views and support for the Voice Referendum amongst First Nations people.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to learn, connect, and be a part of the conversation!
Free event Wednesday, 9th August, 2023.
Optional Tax Deductible Donation.