Language Skills for Work | Kilburn
Improve your everyday communication while you prepare for work or study. This practical course will help you to identify your professional goals, increase your chances of finding the job you want, and set yourself up for success in an Australian work environment.
This course includes plenty of useful information and time to practice in class, as well as support to reach your goals even after the course finishes. You will feel more confident to ask questions, greet people, discuss ideas with teammates and the boss, and taking your next step forward.
This is a great course for both native and non-native English speakers.
To access this course for free you must be a South Australian resident (or hold a valid work or study visa), aged 18 years or older and preparing for work or study, and not enrolled in school or a Flexible Learning Options program.
The 8 sessions will be held on 1 May, 8 May, 15 May, 22 May, 29 May, 5 Jun, 19 Jun, & 26 Jun.
(No class 12 June due to Public Holiday)
Each Monday class will run from 6pm to 9pm
The course topics include:
- Preparing for work and study in an Australian context
- Identifying job roles that match your skills and strengths
- Developing your reading, writing, and spoken English skills
- Identifying ‘professional’ versus ‘casual’ language
- Effectively communicating your work history, current skills, and employment goals
- Creating a professional resume and LinkedIn profile
- Sending professional emails
- Improving your interview skills
Our Community Learning mentors and trainers are there to support you every step of the way. Even once the course has finished our mentors will continue to help you, making you feel confident and empowered, and ready to take the next steps in your learning journey or path to employment.
You will be required to complete a basic assessment of your reading and numeracy skills before you start. This will help the team identify any supports you may need and ensure that this is the right course for you
Contact the Community Learning Team on 8371 4622 or email@example.com for further info.