Kickstart Your Employment | Kilburn
Identify the skills employers are looking for that you already have, expand your job seeking methods, improve your ability to answer interview questions, write a winning cover letter, and create a resume that will get you the job.
You'll also learn how to match your skills to the requirements and expectations of certain roles, explore further training options, and learn the essential computer and communication skills you need to apply for work and in the workplace, in a supportive and practical learning environment.
This course will help you develop the tools you need to seek and secure employment.
To access this course for free you must be a South Australian resident (or hold a valid work or study visa), aged 18 years or older and preparing for work or study, and not enrolled in school or a Flexible Learning Options program.
The 8 sessions will be held on 1 May, 8 May, 15 May, 22 May, 29 May, 5 Jun, 19 Jun, & 26 Jun.
(No class 12 June due to Public Holiday)
Each Monday class will run from 10am to 2pm
The course topics include:
- Exploring your career and study options
- Identifying your current skills and knowledge gaps
- Job search methods and the hidden job market
- Assessing your suitability for specific roles
- Tailoring cover letters and resumes
- Interview preparation and practice
- Goal setting, further training options and study
- Employee responsibilities and rights
- Work environments and employer expectations
- Video conferencing, word processing and emailing
Our Community Learning mentors and trainers are there to support you every step of the way. Even once the course has finished our mentors will continue to help you, making you feel confident and empowered, and ready to take the next steps in your learning journey or path to employment.
You will be required to complete a basic assessment of your reading and numeracy skills before you start. This will help the team identify any supports you may need and ensure that this is the right course for you.
Contact the Community Learning Team on 8371 4622 or email@example.com for further info.