Webinar Recording: Demystifying Vitamin D
CPE: 1.5 CPE point
Demystifying Vitamin D
Despite living on the sunniest continent on Earth, 25% of all Australians are thought to be vitamin D deficient.
Rather than acquiring vitamin D from sensible amounts of sun exposure to maintain optimal levels of vitamin D, it seems the Australian public have turned towards supplementation instead.
Emerging scientific evidence suggests that it is not vitamin D itself which positively impacts human health, but rather it is the direct effects of exposure to light from the sun. Numerous studies are now suggesting that sun exposure provides numerous positive effects on human health above and beyond that of vitamin D alone.
This webinar aims to answer the following;
- Is our understanding of vitamin D and it’s purported beneficial health effects incorrect?
- Should we be getting vitamin D from the sun rather than supplements?
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and sun avoidance…Is our fear of the sun rational?
- How can we incorporate the emerging science of heliotherapy and phototherapy in to clinical practice?
- How can we support our patients own innate capacity to protect them against sun damage?
Mr. Daniel Roytas is a Naturopath, Nutritionist and Remedial Massage Therapist with over 10 years clinical and educational experience.
He is the Senior Lecturer of Nutritional Medicine at Torrens University and regularly presents for a number of professional associations.
He is a published author, public speaker and passionate about educating and empowering clinicians, so that they can achieve optimal health outcomes for their patients.