You OK, Bro? Men's Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Workshop
This workshop runs for 3.5 hours (with a 15-minute break) and covers a range of contemporary issues including:
- current global and Australian men’s suicide data
- stressors for male suicide
- gaps in government and community response
- stigma and discrimination against men and mental health
- vulnerable male demographics and their key defining factors
- current suicide prevention strategies in Australia
- learn how to support someone, particularly men, who may be suicidal, or battling depression.
We will also have role-play exercises which will provide you with the opportunity to practice the tools learnt. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
About Dr Simon Yam
Simon has a deep passion for men's health and wellbeing. For the past 20 years, Simon has developed his experience in this field, working with men with chronic health diseases, mental health, drug and alcohol addiction and social displacement. In 2017, as the CEO of Men's Health and Wellbeing WA, Simon successfully tabled WA's first Men's Health and Wellbeing Policy, which was launched in June 2019 by the state government.
As a Mental Health First Aid® Licensed Instructor, men's mental health and suicide prevention trainer, and professional counsellor, Simon believes in compassion, empathy and client understanding. He openly shares his lived experience and narrative of anxiety, depression and suicide, in the hope of breaking down stigma. Simon has coached, mentored and counselled guys from a broad cross-section of demographics and diversities.
Please arrive 10 minutes earlier so Simon is able to commence the workshop at 12pm.
There is a carpark accessible from Hancock Street.
Should you have any questions please contact us on 9446 2757 or email@example.com
For the women's workshop please head to https://events.humanitix.com/t...