Zero Waste Associate Course 2023
Zero Waste Associates Course
Instructors: Ruth Abbe, Chrise de Tournay Birkhahn, and Amanda Rice Waddle
Guest Speakers from Zero Waste USA and other organizations.
Dates: March 1, 2023 – April 26, 2023; ZOOM (link will be provided upon registration)
Introduction to Zero Waste Planning
- 3/1/2023, 10 am - 1 pm PT / 1 pm - 4 pm ET
- 3/8/2023, 10 am - 1 pm PT / 1 pm - 4 pm ET
Zero Waste Planning Tools
- 3/22/2023, 10 am - 1 pm PT / 1 pm - 4 pm ET
- 3/29/2023, 10 am - 1 pm PT / 1 pm - 4 pm ET
Zero Waste Planning Presentations
- 4/26/2023, 10 am - 2 pm PT / 1 pm - 5 pm ET
Course Overview: Zero Waste Associates (ZWA) is a three-class course. The classes are Introduction to Zero Waste Planning, Zero Waste Planning Tools, and Zero Waste Planning Presentations. This course teaches students how to use the Zero Waste USA tools for Zero Waste planning for businesses, institutions, or communities.
● Introduction to Zero Waste Planning is a six-hour class designed to teach students the basic information about what Zero Waste is, the benefits of creating Zero Waste systems, and the eight steps to becoming Zero Waste.
● Zero Waste Planning Tools is a six-hour class designed to teach students how to use Zero Waste USA tools for business, institution, and community planning. This class outlines the planning tools students will use in their projects, describes how Zero Waste is measured, and includes guest speakers.
● Zero Waste Planning Presentations is a four-hour class (time depends on the number of students) where students present their class projects to fellow students, instructors, and Zero Waste USA Advisors.
Prerequisite: Students registered for the Zero Waste Associates course that have not taken Zero Waste USA’s Introduction to Zero Waste class must watch a recorded version and complete a quiz. Students who have previously taken and passed the quiz do not have to do this.
Class Requirements: Students must attend all classes, complete assignments, participate in and present a group project, and use and submit Zero Waste USA tools. Students must also pass the examination with an 80% or higher and complete the evaluation. Assignments include 2-5 hours a week of watching videos, reading, and completing Zero Waste USA tools.
Class Goal and Outcome: This course is designed for Zero Waste professionals who want to advance their knowledge and expertise in Zero Waste planning. Students will gain knowledge and experience using Zero Waste USA planning tools and be prepared to work with their municipality, business, or institution on Zero Waste. Students who complete this course will be certified as a Zero Waste Associate by Zero Waste USA.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register today: $300 for the course.
Zero Waste USA Affiliates - Register for $250
Group discounts and scholarships are available.