Zero Waste for Businesses and Institutions
Class Description: This class teaches participants what Zero Waste is and how to get your business or institution on the path to Zero Waste. It also teaches how to achieve Zero Waste for Businesses and institutions that have adopted aspirational Zero Waste, sustainability, circular economy, or resiliency goals. This class introduces the steps to develop Zero Waste plans for businesses and Institutions and includes valuable information about how Zero Waste can be implemented and achieved.
Participants will learn about Zero Waste principles and the Zero Waste International Alliance (ZWIA) definition and hierarchy. In addition, the instructors will review the nine points of generation in businesses and institutions, case studies, and best practices to get to Zero Waste. During this class, participants will learn how to use the Zero Waste USA business and institution planning tools. Participants will also learn about the Zero Waste planning process and important initiatives all businesses and institutions need to reach Zero Waste.
This is an interactive four-hour online (zoom) class taught by Zero Waste experts. After completing the class and quiz, participants will receive a certificate of completion from Zero Waste USA.
1. Zero Waste Definition and Principles
2. Zero Waste Business and Institution Drivers and Benefits
3. Case Studies and Best Practices
4. Essential Principles: Leadership, Procurement, Training, and Education
5. Zero Waste Operations: Nine Points of Generation, Zero Waste Audits, Contracts, Right-Sizing
6. Zero Waste Planning, Stakeholders, and Initiatives
7. Zero Waste USA Planning Tools for Businesses and Institutions
8. Zero Waste Recognition and Certification Programs
Gary Liss, Richard Anthony, and Ruth Abbe
General Registration - $125.
Zero Waste USA Affiliates - $75.
Group discounts are available.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for this course, you agree to receive communications from Zero Waste USA.