16 Days of Activism against gender-based violence - Centre for Social Impact Seminar
16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence
To conclude our seminar series this year, CSI UWA will host a panel discussion around the 16 Days of Activism against gender-based violence. We will bring together speakers from St Johns WA, Salvation Army, Zonta House Refuge Association, PLAN/Bridging the Gap and DVassist. The broad work of these organisations intersects with addressing family and domestic violence as well as violence against women and girls. This Q&A session facilitated by CSI UWA Senior Research Fellow Dr Mariana Atkins will provide some insights on trends, barriers and what is needed for change.
- Carole Donaldson, Head of Clinical Education, St Johns WA
- Meg Abercromby, Senior national specialist, Salvation Army
- Kelda Oppermann, CEO, Zonta House Refuge Association
- Linda Holborow, PLAN Project Coordinator, Bridging The Gap
- Dr Katherine Ferguson, Board Member, DVassist
Date: Tuesday 12 December 2023
Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm (AWST). You are welcome to stay for a chat around afternoon tea following the session.
Venue: Online or in person at Michael Chaney Case Study Room, Ground floor, UWA Business School, Hackett Entrance 4, 8716 Hackett Drive, Crawley WA 6009
Buses to UWA regularly pass through the following areas:
- suburbs on Transperth's Circle Route (998, 999) which travels from Fremantle along Stirling Highway and to suburbs north of UWA
- Subiaco, Perth, Northbridge, Morley, Bedford, Inglewood, Mt Lawley and western suburbs
Please note that parking at UWA Business School is limited during the semester, so please allow yourself time to find a parking space. The UWA Business School has some visitor car bays. Additional parking is at Matilda Bay Sailing Club (accessible via Hackett Drive entrance 4 roundabout).