1st Kilmore Guides and Scout Hall Hire
We love to share, your can hire our Scout / Girl Guide Hall, however priority is always to Scouting and Girl Guides who will always be 1st priority over any booking.
Hall Hire Terms and Conditions
- ‘Scouts’ refers to any formations that form part of Scouts Victoria or its members, ‘Group’ refers to 1st Kilmore Scout Group, ‘GL/LIC’ refers to the Group Leader/Leader in Charge and/or Assistant Group Leader, ‘Hirer’ refers to the hirer of the 1st Kilmore Scout Group facilities.
- We will do our best to ensure that all Scouting / Girl Guide activity occurs outside of your booking, however this may not be possible if we require access to equipment upstairs ir in the Kitchen Area for camps etc. We will aim to advise you in advance and minimal disruption.
- Scouts does not cover your event under our public liability insurance. By hiring the facility you assume all risk of injuries, damage to personal property, damage to vehicles, theft of items etc.
- The Hirer understands and agrees that the Hire Terms and Conditions under no circumstances are to be considered as a lease, and that this Hire Agreement confers no statutory rights of security of tenure.
- The hire fee must be paid at least 5 days in advance. If the fee is not paid by this time, Scouts reserves the right to cancel your booking.
- In exchange for this fee you will be allowed to use the specified property floor space, toilets, kitchen, and normal property furnishings during the period when the hire agreement applies.
- No equipment can be left on the premises, as there is already restricted storage.
- Exceeding your booking period by more than 15 minutes will result in forfeiture of future bookings.
- If either party cancels this Hire Agreement by giving at least 48 hours written notice, then the hire fee minus any refund processing fees may be refunded.
- If notice is received from the hirer less than 48 hours from date of hire and no alternative arrangements can be agreed upon, Scouts will retain all monies paid.
- If Scouts cancel this hire agreement less than 48 hours from the date of hire and no alternative arrangements can be agreed upon, all monies paid to Scouts for the Hire Period under this hire agreement will be refunded.
- Additional charges - In the event of any damage, heating left on, rubbish not removed, or additional cleaning required, we will contact you to discuss rectification and or charge reasonable additional costs.
- Failure to pay for excess damage costs will result in legal action being taken to recover the costs of the Group, including legal fees and costs.
- We ask that you leave the facility tidy at the end of your event. You will need to ensure any items used in the kitchen are cleaned, any tables/chairs are wiped down, and the bins are emptied into the main rubbish bins located outside.
- You must not allow anything to be done which might be a nuisance to, or damage the property of the Scouts, Girl Guides or the owners or occupiers of any other property in the neighbourhood, or which might adversely affect the insurance of the property.
Alcohol and fires
- To have alcohol on the property, then you must first obtain the approval of the GL/LIC in writing prior to your event. You must also get any Liquor Licence permits that are necessary. It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with all applicable liquor laws. Consuming or supplying alcohol without prior approval will result in forfeiture of your booking and future bookings without a refund.
- The Fire Pit is not to be used without prior written approval of the GL/LIC.
- You can request approval for these activities by emailing email@example.com
- You must not interfere with or remove any of the Scouts’ equipment or property.
- Equipment included in hire fees are:
- Tables – please clean and return them when you are finished
- Main Hall Chairs – Chairs are located on the north wall. Please return them when you are finished.
- Kitchen Equipment – There is an assortment of equipment, cutlery and crockery in each kitchen. It is your responsibility to ensure that anything you use is cleaned and put away. Failing to do so will result in recovery of cleaning.
- Scouts and Girl Guides store food in cupboards, and the fridge, under no circumstances is this to be consumed or removed. Additional fees will be charged and future bookings cancelled should this occur.
- AV Equipment – The remote is located in the wall unit / whiteboard. Please do not remove HDMI cables.
Off Limits Areas
- Your booking does not include access to the upper space (Girl Guide Stores) or to any equipment in cabinets in the kitchen etc or external sheds. Accessing these areas will result in the cancellation of booking / future bookings including forfeiting deposits / fees.