2 day Participatory Community Building - George Town, Tasmania
How do we encourage actions for impact across our communities?
The George Town Community Hub - Macquarie Street George Town
This 2 day Participatory Community Building training is underpinned by asset based community-led development
(ABCD) and participatory leadership practices, patterns and processes in a participatory co-design framework. These
approaches have been used effectively in community, business, government and non-government contexts worldwide to
enable the inclusion and connection of diverse perspectives for deeper outcomes.
This is an opportunity to learn and share in new ways of working to co-create action in our communities.
Across the two days, attendees will learn a wide range of helpful and innovative practices and processes, as well as ways to implement them in a participatory and positive manner.
$200.00 per person - Community members / Volunteers
$300.00 per person – Local organisation
$600.00 per person - Not for profit
$900.00 per person - Corporate and Government organisations
The above investment is Ex GST
If this is still beyond your capacity, talk to us! Send an email to Fiona and let’s have a conversation!
What will we explore, learn & practise?
THE WHAT: Participants will learn how to blend Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) with other practices and processes, applying a range of tools & skills to:
• Focus on assets and strengths rather than deficiencies
• Discover ways to blend methodologies
• Apply strengths-based monitoring and evaluation
• Build effective partnership strategies
• Increase confidence in hosting group work
• Form powerful enquiries and proposals
• Explore group dynamics and decision making
THE WHY: Many of the challenges faced by individuals and communities require transformational change, achieved by focusing on the gifts and strengths within. Methodologies, which respond to this way of working, may include:
• Citizen & Community-led Initiatives
• Asset-based or Place-based projects
• Collective Impact & Action work
• Collaboration & Community Conversations
• Participatory Citizen’s Juries & Budgeting, & more
THE HOW: Participants learn how to weave, embed and sustain ABCD and other strength based participatory practices through co-design and collaboration. We will show you how to move from dialogue to action and how to discover ways to address complex challenges via innovative solutions, including the application of:
• Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD)
• Results Based Accountability (RBA)
• Change and/or Social Labs
• Art of Hosting & Harvesting (AoH)
• Circle Methodology
• World Café
• Open Space Technology
• Appreciative Inquiry & SOAR
• Graphic Facilitation & Harvesting
• DEC Thinking & Breath Patterns
• Presencing & Theory U
• Next Stage Organising & Living Systems
Who is it for?
Anyone & everyone who wants to explore the power of collective creativity & collaboration with each other & within their communities
- Business leaders, social entrepreneurs, community & not for profit leaders, community organisers and their teams
- Next generation leaders and young activists
- Department leaders, policy officers & program managers.
For further details please contact Fiona Miller 0414657578 firstname.lastname@example.org