2023 Annual Community Tree Planting Day
Saturday 06 May 2023 – please ensure you arrive by 8:00 am
We'll start with the tree planting at NightWings Rainforest Centre (2125 Mossman Daintree Road, Wonga, Qld), then we'll head over to the New Native Nursery (1506 Cape Tribulation Rd, Cow Bay QLD 4873 - the old Cow Bay Airstrip site).
What to bring:
- A water bottle (we will provide a water refill station)
- Sturdy closed-toed boots/shoes
- Sun-safe attire (e.g., hat & sunscreen)
- A willingness to get your hands dirty
Locals are encouraged to bring ferry cards and camping chairs or picnic rugs.
RR will provide:
- First aid kit
- Healthy snacks for morning tea
- Hand sanitiser
- Gloves and small trowels (locals are welcome to bring their own if they are new or clean)
- Pre-dug holes
- Light lunch at the New Native Nursery
- Two great locations
- Our friendly team
Overview of the Day
The event will commence at 8:00 am, so we will be finished planting before noon (before it gets too hot).
After a morning of planting trees to restore rainforest and connectivity, you’re invited to join us as we convoy to the site of our New Native Nursery for a light lunch. We will have some ferry tickets available but we ask that locals bring their Ferry Cards.
Health and Safety
As always, the health and safety of our staff, supporters, and the communities in which we work are of utmost importance to us.
- We ask that all attendees register for a free ticket via Humanitix
- Please ensure you dress appropriately for the event (e.g., sun-safe clothing, hat, sturdy closed-toed boots/shoes). Don't forget to bring your water bottle and stay hydrated throughout the day
- If you are feeling unwell or have recently been unwell please do not attend the planting. We thank you for considering the health and safety of others
We’re looking forward to putting trees back on the land with you! See you in the Daintree!
For the rainforests,
The Rainforest Rescue Team