2023 Managing Heart Failure: From Hospital to Home Course
The course aims to help professionals:
- Understand the pathophysiology heart failure (HF), diagnostic methods, and medical treatment
- Gain in-depth knowledge of medication management
- Support patients to control symptoms and improve quality of life through diet, exercise, energy conservation, quality sleep and palliation
- Address social and emotional challenges such as intimacy, depression, and activities of daily living
- Understand the role of implantable cardiac devices for heart failure in managing arrhythmias and remote monitoring of pulmonary congestion
Sessions are delivered by medical, nursing and allied health clinicians with heart failure expertise.
Participants: Suitable for all professionals who care for people with cardiac or chronic conditions who wish to have a better technical understanding of heart failure and approaches to treatment. Relevant for GPs, nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, occupational therapists, dietitians, social workers and psychologists.
NB: Course will be delivered face to face and via webinar. Participants may attend either day of the course or attend the full 2 days.