2023 Nyiirun Djiyagan Wakulda Women's festival
The 2023 Nyiirun Djiyagan Wakulda Women’s Festival is hosted by Djiyagan Dhanbaan (strong sister movement support group) at the Birpai Local Aboriginal Land Council. We are an Aboriginal women’s group that promotes, the revival of culture through language and practices, self-empowerment, leadership and self-care:
Our festival will create an opportunity for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal women to come together to celebrate the diversity that lies within the Mid North Coast communities
** NOTE** Every ticket must have the attendee's name and email address. You will be unable to register multiple tickets under the one name and email.
Our festival aims to foster relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal women by;
- Creating a platform for open and honest dialogues,
- Opportunities to share stories,
- Participation in Cultural practices,
- Sharing of Experiences and knowledge,
- Providing a cultural safe space.
The festival objectives are to:
- Create a safe space for Aboriginal women to step into leadership roles, showcase their creativity, share cultural and historical knowledge, and to bring an understanding of the issues that affect their wellness.
- Bring together Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal women of all ages to connect, learn and participate in healing and cultural workshops. This experience will provide an opportunity for women to support and have a greater understand of each other’s mental, physical and social well-being.
- Encourage connection to community by community service providers facilitating information stalls and activities
Our Festival is about Aboriginal women sharing their culture through language/song, dance, weaving, art and stories. We maintain and continue to build on our identity, pride and leadership.
** Please note by attending this event you consent to your photo and or image taken on video to be used in promotional material** If you have any concerns, please contact the organiser
Check out our 2022 Festival video