Identify and respond to psychotic disorders
This insightful course explores the nature of psychotic illnesses and provides a stigma-free overview of causes, symptoms and treatments.
Covering a range of diagnoses, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and drug-induced psychosis, the course takes a compassionate and recovery-focused approach to identifying, managing and responding to delusional thinking and other symptoms.
This course is designed to help mental health workers and others who have contact with people experiencing these illnesses. It provides background knowledge and understanding, along with practical ways to provide more supportive and effective services.
- Symptoms including hallucinations, delusions and flight of ideas
- Condition onset and progress
- Emotional and behavioural effects
- Links to other conditions
- Treatments available
- Providing practical and emotional support
- Developing self-awareness and management
- Community resources and support
This course includes:
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All-day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Standard | $315
Corporate and Government
Non-Profit/ Individuals | $215
Staff of non-profit organisations, micro-businesses with less than 5 staff and self-funded waged individuals
Concession | $145
Concession Card Holders paying as individuals
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend. Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $45 toward catering and materials. Click here to apply.
Before you book, please click here to read our Refund Terms and Conditions and ensure you have understood the conditions listed under the heading
Whadjuk Noongar Boodjar
Level 1, 20 Southport Street
West Leederville WA 6007
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.