Dual Disability: Disability and Mental Health - ONE DAY COURSE
Balancing multiple diagnoses
Like any of us, people with disabilities experience mental health disorders. Yet, identifying and responding appropriately to mental health issues can often be complex when the person also has other disabilities.
How do “psychosocial” and other types of disabilities interact, and what skills do workers need to identify and support clients with a dual diagnosis?
This course explores the relationship between disability and mental health and is ideal for disability professionals and other support people seeking a better understanding of mental health.
- Understanding mental health
- Identifying the relationship between psychosocial and other disabilities
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Integrated service options
- Talking about mental health with clients
- Best practices for client support
- Links between mental health and disability sectors
This course includes:
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Standard | $315
Corporate and Government
Non-Profit/ Individuals | $215
Staff of non-profit organisations, micro-businesses with less than 5 staff and self-funded waged individuals
Concession | $145
Concession Card Holders paying as individuals
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend. Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $45 toward catering and materials. Click here to apply.
Before you book, please click here to read our Refund Terms and Conditions and ensure you have understood the conditions listed under the heading
Whadjuk Noongar Boodjar
Level 1, 20 Southport Street
West Leederville WA 6007
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.