DAY ONE: Wednesday, 1 November 2023
DAY TWO: Thursday, 2 November 2023
Acclaimed evidence-based training and Mental Health First Aid accreditation
This two-day course is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid.
Multi-award-winning and internationally acclaimed, Mental Health First Aid was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
Like physical first aid, it is designed to teach ordinary people from all backgrounds how to address minor health concerns appropriately and be an effective first responder in a crisis, before professional help arrives.
Participants who successfully pass the post-course test will be accredited as a Mental Health First Aider for three years, before a half-day refresher is required.
- Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions.
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self-harm, acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
This course includes:
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home Mental Health First Aid Manual.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Optional post-course assessment and formal accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider, valid for three years.
Standard | $540
Corporate and Government
Non-Profit/ Individuals | $370
Staff of non-profit organisations, micro-businesses with less than 5 staff and self-funded waged individuals
Concession | $250
Concession Card Holders paying as individuals
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend. Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $90 toward catering and materials. Click here to apply.
Before you book, please click here to read our Refund Terms and Conditions and ensure you have understood the conditions listed under the heading
Whadjuk Noongar Boodjar
Level 1, 20 Southport Street
West Leederville WA 6007
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.