Kickstart Your Employment | Glandore
Identify the skills employers are looking for that you already have, expand your job seeking methods, improve your ability to answer interview questions, write a winning cover letter, and create a resume that will get you the job.
You'll also learn how to match your skills to the requirements and expectations of certain roles, explore further training options, and learn the essential computer and communication skills you need to apply for work and in the workplace, in a supportive and practical learning environment.
This course will help you develop the tools you need to seek and secure employment.
The 4 sessions will be held on 30-Jan, 6-Feb, 13-Feb, & 20-Feb.
Each Friday class will run from 10:00am to 3:00pm
The course topics include:
- Exploring your career and study options
- Identifying your current skills and knowledge gaps
- Job search methods and the hidden job market
- Assessing your suitability for specific roles
- Tailoring cover letters and resumes
- Interview preparation and practice
- Goal setting, further training options and study
- Employee responsibilities and rights
- Work environments and employer expectations
- Video conferencing, word processing and emailing
Our Community Learning mentors and trainers are there to support you every step of the way. We treat you as an individual.
We will help you to feel confident and empowered, and ready to take the next steps in your learning journey or path to employment.
You will be required to complete a basic assessment of your reading and numeracy skills before you start.
This will help the team identify any supports you may need and ensure that this is the right course for you.
Contact the Community Learning Team on 8371 4622 or email@example.com for further info.