SYA Summer Camp 2024
We are excited to announce SYA Summer Camp in January 2024
The dates are locked in and the venue is booked, so mark it on your calendar, are you ready for the best camp yet?
When: Wednesday 10th January to Sunday 14th January 2024
NEW Venue: The Collaroy Centre, 22 Homestead Ave, Collaroy NSW 2097 (40min from Sydney CBD)
The Famous SYA Summer Camp
SYA has organised annual Summer youth camps in Sydney since 1999. Now in its 24th year running, the SYA Summer Camp is a great opportunity to make new friends and have fun, while also having the ability to be immersed in knowledge and gain an understanding of Sikhism. By the end of the Summer Camp each participant, no matter how young or old, will have learned something new, created new friendships, and discovered something about themselves!
SYA Summer Camp welcomes participants of all ages. The camp is thoughtfully designed to cater to different age groups, ensuring that each session is tailored to provide an enriching and enjoyable experience for everyone, from young children and teenagers to adults and grandparents.
Each year a team of experienced facilitators share their knowledge, educate and inspire our youth through katha, workshops, multimedia presentations, and open discussions. This is all done in an interactive, fun, and relaxed learning environment with English as the primary medium.
Facilitators for the 2024 SYA Summer Camp include Veer Manpreet Singh (Tuhi Tuhi, UK), Dya Singh (Melbourne), and Giani Sukhdaiv Singh (Gurpuri, Malaysia), Harpreet Singh Khalsa (Perth), Arpinder Singh (India), Manjit Kaur (Singapore) and Guest Speaker Sukhdeep Singh (aka L-Fresh the Lion). They will be supported by team of youth and local facilitators.
All facilitators maintain a relaxed, non-judgemental environment where questions and discussions are encouraged. While the main medium is English, ALL facilitators speak BOTH English & Punjabi.
Camp Site, Meals & Accommodation:
All meals are provided for the duration of the camp of which all are vegetarian and include both Punjabi and Western cuisine. Shared and Cabin based lodging is provided for the duration of the Summer Camp within recently renovated cabins with showers and toilets. Separate accommodation will be provided for males and females. More details on the Camp Site can be found here.
Hotel Room option: There are a limited number of Hotel Rooms available for adults and the elderly on a twin share basis. Each room is conveniently located, contains two king single beds, ensuite, and towels/linen. Two adults must register together, selecting the "Adults/Parents - Hotel Room" option.
Linen Package option: The Collaroy Centre can provide a pillowcase, bedsheet, blanket, and towel for each guest at an additional cost of $20 per person. Guests must bring their own towels and linen if they do not select this option.
Bus Transport option: Bus transfers will be arranged from Glenwood and Revesby Gurdwara at an additional cost of $50 per person. Please select this option during registration should you require transport.
There is something for youth of all ages:
- Our curriculum is focused on learning the core basics of Sikhi, in a fun, entertaining, and nurturing environment!
- Activities are organized every afternoon.
- Fun and Interactive sessions/workshops are tailored for different age groups.
- Each participant is allocated a "Jatha" for the duration of the Summer Camp - taking part in daily competitions, challenges, activities, sewa, and kirtan.
- All are encouraged to meet, share and grow with others of their own age and learn about the Sikh religion & heritage.
- Sports/Drama/Discussions and Cultural Activities provide an opportunity for all youth to show their skills, passions, and talent.
A tailored program for adults and parents too:
- Adults attending the program can also enjoy engaging seminars to learn about Gurbani and gain a deeper understanding of Sikhi, History, and the way in which Sikhi fits into a modern context.
- Daily discussion groups with other adults on interesting and contemporary topics.
“It was my first camp and I really enjoyed myself. We had a lot of interesting activities like indoor soccer, drama night, and discussion sessions about seva and Sikhism. It was great fun! – Mighty Khalsa Youth
“A most exciting, educational, and enjoyable experience. I was overwhelmed at the varied communication styles used to instill the value of Sikhi into our youths.” – Sardar Udam Singh, Grandparent.
“When my children sat in the car after camp, they asked ‘When are we coming back?’ ” - Amardeep Kaur, Parent
“The caliber and nature of facilitators were outstanding… very friendly, easy to talk to and non-judgemental.” - University Student
*Children/Toddlers Under 5 Years Old - may attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com to obtain the access code to register a participant under 5 years old.
* Interstate and Overseas Attendee Discount Available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the discount code for attendees who are resident outside NSW or ACT, or who are attending from overseas.