4 hour Ghost Hunt - Parramatta Gaol - 30 September 2023
Our popular 4 hour ghost hunt IS BACK! Join us for spine tingling experiments where we will attempt to connect with any spirits who may still be locked up behind the razor wire…
The night will involve set experiments using paranormal investigation techniques to attempt to see if any spirits wish to communicate with us.
You will also get some free time to explore accessible areas of the gaol in the dead of night (pun intended).
With nearly 200 years of history, this grim and very atmospheric prison, built in 1837 is now one of the oldest surviving jails in the country.
The historical Parramatta Gaol was home to thousands of convicts after first opening its doors.
During the 19th Century the prison was used for men and women, and was a back up for inmates from Cumberland Asylum, or those who were deemed Criminally Insane.
Following the outbreak of the First World War, the prison was transferred to the Cumberland Asylum, as most of the men in Australia were overseas fighting in the great war.
It returned to civilian use in 1922 and from then on was a major industrial prison.
It closed its doors for the final time in 2011.
Ghosts and Spirits
There have been many reports of ghostly figures sighted at this imposing location, however due to the many deaths and harsh treatment suffered by Men Women and even Children here; this should come as no surprise.
People are frequently grabbed, whispered to, have their hair pulled or their bottoms grabbed. It has had some intense doppelganger audio phenomena and full bodied apparitions have been sighted. You may also hear somebody walking behind you, only to realise you're the last person into a wing...
Parramatta Gaol is truly one of the most foreboding and terrifying buildings that you will ever see, with a past so gruesome inside this incredibly haunted building, who knows what the night ahead may have in store in for you!
- These tours will strictly adhere to the Government regulations on social distancing. Please listen to your guides at all times.
- The price of this tour includes an intimate evening at the gaol, vigils in the wings to excite and delight, and (generally) free time to explore akin accessible areas at the conclusion of the official event
- Due to WHS you are directed to follow your guides instructions on what areas are accessible
- Please ensure you bring a torch, and meet at the entrance of the gaol 5 minutes prior to the time
- The gates will be locked strictly at the start time so please do not be late
- Unfortunately we can't offer catering so please bring a bottle of water, should you need it
- By purchasing these tickets you understand that any photos or recordings captured may be used for marketing purposes
- No refunds or exchanges can be given for this tour.
- Please read the terms and conditions before purchasing your tickets