Stomping Ground Comedy, Dallas’ only non-profit theater dedicated to comedy, will host the inaugural 48 Hour Laugh-A-Thon fundraiser October 13-15. This is a two-day, one-of-a-kind community event where TEN IMPROVISERS perform for 48 HOURS STRAIGHT joined by over 50 guest acts. We're not kidding. And it's all for a good cause.
The event will feature comedy shows all weekend, including family-friendly shows during the day. And the fun won't stop just because the kids are in bed. We'll keep you laughing all through the night with late-night and early-morning shows for both night owls and early risers. Plus, the weekend will offer food trucks, giveaways, and lots of surprises.
The 'Thon will feature all of your favorite Stomping Ground improv teams and popular shows like Crime Night, My F*cked Up Thanksgiving, Spaghetti Confetti, Midnight Vault, SideScroll, Broadway(ish), and many (many) more. In this unique event you'll also see one-time-only shows like Pup 'Prov (yes, improv with adorable doggos), ParkerGames Live!, Wake Up Stomping Ground! (a new Morning Show), Buzzed: Brunch Edition, and other special engagements that you won't want to miss.
Want to join in the fun? There will be community events like the late-night Pajama Jam Improv Jam and Ready Bench, where audience members can jump onstage with the pros.
Can't make it? No worries. We'll be live-streaming selected events and offering ways for the audience to get involved.
And it's all for a good cause. Stomping Ground Comedy is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and all ticket sales and donations go back into our mission of connecting the community through comedy.
What's our mission? To connect the community with comedy. And we won't stop 'til everyone's laughing. You can feel confident that your money goes to things like:
- providing scholarships to make our comedy Training Center more inclusive
- Providing Improv for Caregivers workshops to those caring for folks with Alzheimer's and dementia
- Paying writers, producers, and performers
- Providing scholarships for our Improv for Anxiety 7-week course
- Offering more Improv for Life courses like Improv for Autism and Improv for Anxiety for Youth
- Providing low-cost tickets to family-friendly shows
- Paying instructors and staff a competitive wage
- Building and sound improvements so we can better accommodate our students and patrons with sensory sensitivities
- More programming for Youth & Teens
Buy individual tickets for shows or save by purchasing a multi-show package. Want the ultimate deal while also being the ultimate supporter? Purchase the Laugh-A-Thon Pass for $250 (plus fees) and get access to all 48 hours of comedy, which includes 32 shows.
Show ratings vary. Stomping Ground is BYOB. Alcoholic beverages are allowed for all attendees over 21 years old; patrons are asked to enjoy them responsibly. For the most current information on what to expect when heading to Stomping Ground visit our FAQ page.