5 Week Furniture Restoration Class, Go Eco 24, 31 March, 14, 21 & 28 April, Fridays 6 pm - 9 pm
Proudly supported by Wel Energy Trust!
Come and join us to learn the various skills and crafts of furniture upcycling. You will get to bring in your own projects to work on over the five-week period.
All materials and tools will be provided.
Week 1: Learn the 4 stages of wooden furniture restoration, Strip/ Sand/ Stain/ Seal. We will go through all the tools and products. Finally, we will discuss breaks, cracks and bora. We will also start working on individual projects.
Week 2: Upcycle Painting Techniques. Continue working on projects.
Week 3-5: Continue working on projects including staining, painting and sealing. Important Notes:
- You need to arrive at this workshop for the beginning of class and the health and safety briefing to be able to take part in the rest of the class.
- Children are not able to attend with their parents due to health and safety requirements.
- Please bring a small piece of furniture, not a precious piece to learn on. You will need to take your furniture home at the end of each session.
- Please bring your own rubber gloves.
- All participants must wear covered shoes and non-flowing clothing (tight-ish!). Some work may be outdoors, please wear a sun hat and sunscreen if outdoors. Please wear old clothes and bring a water bottle & snacks.
When: 24, 31 March, 14, 21 & 28 April, Fridays 6 pm - 9 pm
Where: Go Eco 188 Commerce Street, Frankton, Hamilton 3204.
Cost: $50 for the whole course.