A Sense of Place
A Sense of Place: a collaboration
Experience Art at The Acres sponsored by Rusty Bucket Floristry, Samford
Join us for a celebration of art and nature at The Acres Flower Farm. This year-long artist's residency is a collaboration between Debbie Needham and Helen Evans, with Debbie as the farmer and Helen as the artist.
- Venue: The Acres Flower Farm, Camp Mountain, 4520. The address will be released just prior to the date.
- Date and Time: 17 November to 19 November 2023
- Friday Evening: 5-7 pm
- Champagne Reception (no entry fee, but please book for catering purposes)
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 pm
- Exhibition and farm open day you will be able to wander through the farm, enjoy Helen's art, see the place which inspired the work and experience each location where the en plein paintings happened.
- Weekend Entry Fee: $10 (All proceeds go to support our local rural fire brigade)
- Artist Talk: Helen will present an artist talk about her experience and body of work on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Exclusive Access: The Acres/Woggoon Farm, is a haven of natural beauty and a private sanctuary. It is a working farm whose produce can be found in Rusty Bucket Floristry in Samford Village. This is a unique chance to visit a working flower farm, an opportunity seldom offered to the public.
A Sense of Place
Helen Evans has been taking part in an artist’s residency at The Acres since May 2023. This exhibition marks the 6-month milestone of her time at the farm. Showing her body of work in the place which inspired it is an extra special experience for visitors and the artist.
Since May Helen has been exploring the essence of this extraordinary place seeking to illustrate the genius loci of The Acres. Helen will be showing her observational drawings in sketchbooks and her en plein air series of paintings which were made on location at the farm. She will also be showing a series of floral studio paintings and linocuts which have been developed from her drawings
Supporting Our Local Heroes
Your $10 entry fee (Saturday and Sunday) will be a direct contribution to our local rural fire brigade. By attending this exhibition, you're not only embracing art but also supporting the courageous men and women who safeguard our communities.
Please cherish and respect the delicate balance of nature during your visit. We kindly ask that you leave no trace of your presence, ensuring that this sacred space remains preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Don't miss this extraordinary celebration of art and nature at The Acres Flower Farm. Join us for a weekend filled with inspiration, creativity, and a touch of elegance. Your presence helps us give back to the local heroes who protect our lands.
- Ample parking available
All artwork displayed in this exhibition is the intellectual property of Helen Evans and may not be reproduced or used without permission. Photography is permitted for personal use only.