Ad hoc to Agile : Leading Diversity
Hello Mid North Coast Community Sector Legends.... It's on again!
Two days of fun and practical professional development designed especially for Mid North Coast Community Sector Leaders.
This workshop is all about the fabulous challenge of leading a diverse team and becoming a more inclusive organisation. You will develop skills for promoting diversity and inclusion in your Community, Your Workplace and Your Team.
Your will hear from First Nations Leaders, Frontline Practitioners, Disability Advocacy, Out Loud and Proud and the AIDS Council of NSW.
It's on in Port Macquarie on the 20th and 21st June.
Come along to one or both days. Team Packages and 2 for 1 offers available for a limited time.
Day 1: Tuesday 20th June
9am – 4pm
Becoming a More Inclusive Organisation
Cost: $365 includes quality learning resources, lunch, drinks and snacks.
- The real benefits of diversity and Inclusion – The business case
- Barriers to inclusion
- Understanding the legislative context
- Systems, standards, plans and values that promote diversity and inclusion
- Optics and language matters
- Inclusive community engagement approaches
- Measuring diversity and inclusion
Day 2: Wednesday 21st June
9am - 4pm
Leading a Diverse Team
Cost: $365 includes quality learning resources lunch, drinks and snacks
- The mindset of an inclusive leader – understanding privilege and overcoming bias
- Respecting the difference – what it looks like in practice
- Principles of diversity and inclusion
- Unlocking the value of a diverse team
- Policies and practice that promote inclusion
- Practical tools to develop cultural competence.
Bonus: A classy lunch
Bonus: Passionate facilitators and inspiring guest speakers
Bonus: All content is aligned with validated Community Sector Quality and Capability Frameworks
Bonus: Certificate of Attendance and a post workshop Community of Practice (online)
Bonus: If you book and find you can't come, you can give your ticket to someone else.