Agritech and IoT Connect Event - Connectivity and connected devices on farm
Connectivity and On-Farm Connected Devices
Please join AgriTechNZ and the New Zealand IoT Alliance to explore the current state and future potential for connected agritech solutions in our primary industries.
The growing focus on the environmental impact of farming has led to an increased use of technologies to optimise fertiliser, power and water use. This is a tough time for our farmers and the adoption of new tools to help is not helped when one of the biggest challenges remains connectivity across large areas of Aotearoa’s productive land. How can improvements to rural connectivity be accelerated? We ask the people out there doing it!
AgriTechNZ and the IoT Alliance are hosting a panel of speakers to share their experiences, projects and aspirations for the future of IoT in agritech. We will discuss large scale IoT and sensor deployment projects, plus proof-of-concept trials. New infrastructure initiatives and the evolving role of satellite connectivity will also be discussed.
Quickfire presenters and panellists:
- Michael Lightfoot - Solution Consultant - IOT - Spark New Zealand
- Mike Smith, Chairman at WISPA NZ
- Jimmy McCreery - MVT Implementation Manager, Fonterra
- Louise Bradford - Head of Regulatory, Government and Carrier Relations at Connected Farms
- John McDermott - NZ IOT Alliance Founder at BoatSecure and Consulting to IoT Entrepreneurs
- Eitan Dan - General Manager CropX New Zealand Ltd
- MC: Brendan O'Connell - Chief Executive at AgriTechNZ
- Time: 4.30pm - 6:30pm
- Location: Engineering Core E7 Lecture Theatre,University of Canterbury, 63 Creyke Road, Christchurch
- Location of venue - click here
- This event is a physical event only (no recording or online
- Cost: Free for members & Students ($25 for non-members)
Thanks to the University of Canterbury for sponsoring this event.