AI is Fun! December School Holiday Workshop
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The Australian School of Entrepreneurship with support from The Precinct + QLD XR Hub + Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport, invites you to our new school holiday workshop 'AI is FUN!' Join us for an action-packed day filled with hands-on experiences and interactive learning about the world of Artificial Intelligence.
This workshop is designed for students aged 9 to 16.
- Date: Tuesday, 12 December 2023
- Time: 9:00am (8:45am arrival) to 3:00pm
- Location: The Precinct, Dimbin Mil Room, Level 1/315 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
- Target Cohort: Students aged 9 to 16 years
- Cost: There is no cost to attend this workshop
- What to Bring: A device such as an iPad or Laptop (we will have spares), Water Bottle, Packed Morning Tea and Lunch
- Cancellation Policy. We have limited spaces available for this workshop, if your young person can no longer attend, please notify us at least 72-hours before the workshop, so we are able to open up spaces for our waitlisted students.
- Note. This workshop is fully supervised by our team of facilitators, parents are not required to attend. Due to child safety guidelines, we are unable to let parents stay in the workshop area without a Working with Children's Check.
ABOUT THE DAY
- Introductions. Students will meet their facilitators and get to know each other through a series of high-energy games.
- Dive into AI. Discover what AI is and how it works through engaging activities.
- Rotations. Students will have the chance to test out AI Technology through the rotation activities including: AI Art Studio, AI in Virtual Reality, AI Storytelling and AI for Good.
- Ideation. What are some local and global problems? How can we use technology and innovation to solve them?
- Soft Skills. How do you speak so people actually want to listen?
- Presentation. Students will be invited to present their business ideas to a panel of Special Guest Judges from The Precinct in the form of a 2-minute investment pitch.
The Australian School of Entrepreneurship is an initiative of The ASE Group - a community-led and purpose-driven business for good that delivers education, entrepreneurship and employment programs to Australians of all ages. Our mission is to equip every Australian with the skills, resources and mindset they need to start a business or enter the workforce, regardless of their postcode.
ABOUT THE PRECINCT
Coworking spaces are available at The Precinct for parents wanting to work from The Precinct. More information on how to book our landing pad is available on our website: https://advance.qld.gov.au/regional-landing-pad
FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
This event will be documented. Your acceptance of this invitation indicates your consent to being photographed and/or recorded. The Queensland Government will only use material for promotional purposes.
HOW TO FIND US
The Precinct is located in the TC Beirne Building, which is best accessed via Brunswick St Mall. Keep your eyes peeled for the Hey Chica bar, follow the lane inside and you’ll see the main Precinct foyer and lifts on your left. Follow the directions to the Dimbin-Mil Seminar Room.
Secure Parking operate multiple car parks in the area, including the Valley Metro, McWhirters and 388 Brunswick Street. Prices start from $9 depending on the length of stay and time of entry. For rates and bookings visit: http://www.secureparking.com.au
The Fortitude Valley train station is less than a five-minute walk to The Precinct. If you arrive at the Station, head toward Brunswick Street Mall, and orientate yourself as above.
Many bus services run to Fortitude Valley, to find the one that suits you visit Translink.