AI; Friend or Foe? Navigating the Risks and Opportunities
Artificial intelligence is progressing rapidly and its impact on humanity is both positive and negative. On the one hand, AI has the potential to revolutionise industries, increase productivity, and improve the quality of life for people around the world. On the other hand, the rapid advancement of AI also poses significant risks, including the potential for widespread job displacement, bias, and discrimination, and the unintended consequences of AI systems that are poorly designed or implemented.
As AI becomes more advanced and ubiquitous, it is critical that we consider both the advantages and disadvantages on society and take steps to mitigate the risks while maximising the benefits. The future of humanity depends on our ability to navigate the dangers and opportunities presented by AI in a thoughtful, responsible, and ethical manner.
This event will:
- Provide attendees to learn about the potential risks and benefits of AI.
- Foster collaboration among different stakeholders, including researchers, advocates and leaders
- Encourage a diverse range of perspectives and voices to be heard.
- Raise awareness of the impact of AI on society and empowers individuals and organizations to make responsible and ethical decisions about its use.
- Enhance public understanding and engagement with AI issues.
Dr. Tim Mahlberg (Director of Ecosystems, Stone & Chalk)
- Dr. Jamie Sherrah (Founder/CEO of Inject AI Pty Ltd)
- Dr Eva Balan-Vnuk (SA Government’s Chief Information Officer, in the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, South Australia)
Tickets are free but registration is essential!