AI Safety Unconference Australia, 2023
Location: Room 218, Level 2, Kwong Lee Dow Building (Building 263), 234 Queensberry Street, Parkville VIC
Sparked by the return of EAGx to Melbourne, this in-person event will be a unique opportunity for Australians to discuss and develop initiatives that help mitigate risks from frontier AI systems.
The "unconference" format means that attendees can nominate sessions that they would like to facilitate; these sessions are then voted on and flexibly allocated to meeting spaces.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Build the AI Safety Community: provide opportunities for networking and cross-disciplinary engagement
- Bridge Gaps: Foster mentor-mentee relationships and drive knowledge transfer.
- Increase Shared Understanding: reach agreement on paths and opportunities
- Promote Collaboration: Facilitate collaborations on joint projects.
- 10:30-11:00: Introductions & networking
- 11:00-12:00: Lunch + Scheduling
- 12:00-13:00 Session 1
- 13:00-14:00 Session 2
- 14:00-15:00 Session 3
- 15:00-16:00 Session 4
If you can’t make it for the entire time, that isn't a problem - you're welcome to arrive or leave at any time during the event