Amazon Bedrock AI Hackathon
What better way to spend what might be the last work day of the year - than with us all at a Generative AI Hackerthon. Specifically we'll be using the new and exciting Amazon Bedrock platform. If you don't know what Bedrock is - then head on over to https://aws.amazon.com/bedrock... - there is also a great demo here https://aistylist.awsplayer.co...
What are you doing here?
Bedrock is fairly easy to get started with, but you still need to be a programmer. If you aren't a programmer - you can still take part using the rather cool Party Rock https://partyrock.aws/
As to the Hackathon - it follows a fairly standard format. Bring an idea to the hackathon, or if you don't have an idea, come along and team up with someone else. Often - you will just get an idea right there on the spot! If you don't have an idea, we'll have a few pre-baked ones for you to get you started. Don't be scared to pivot and change your idea through the day too.
Remember - this a hackathon, NOT a startup weekend. Your idea doesn't necessarily have to have commercial value, we are here to hack, meet new people, learn new skills and most importantly HAVE FUN!
IMPORTANT If you plan on writing code (ie. not just using https://partyrock.aws), we strongly suggest before you come to the hackathon to make sure you signup for an AWS account and enable the Bedrock models - all the info you need is here https://docs.aws.amazon.com/be...
You have sponsors - why are you charging?
The $20 charge is to make sure that those that RSVP actually attend. At the end of the day we'll give you your $20 back. If you pay $20 and don't turn up - we'll post your photo on the wall to embarrass you - no only joking - we'll be very sad and will donate your $20 to the Currumbin Sanctuary Wildlife Sanctuary. Please attend - we have limited spaces!
We have some pretty awesome PRIZES this year courtesy of our sponsors and we have made 3 entry categories (you have up until judging to pick your category). The categories are
1. Corporate. Sponsored by CHU Underwriting Agencies.
Applications for the office or the corporate world - could be anything ranging from making a better call centre to improving employee health. There's a pretty good prize on this one so don't be scared to think big and challenge yourself!!!
2. Just for Fun. Sponsored by Refactor Red.
Sometimes you just want to build something for fun, there is no large purpose, it just makes you smile. This could be Art, Music, Family or something to help with a Hobby or Craft. Go for it and let your creative juices flow.
3. Impactful. Sponsored by Hello Good World
AI sometimes gets a bad rap for being "evil" and helping to create a Terminator future - but the reality is AI has a massive opportunity to create a great deal of abundance and good in the world. This category is for ideas that have potential to have most impact on our planet and the community in general.
A big shout out to our other sponsors. AWS for lunch and drinks. Gold Coast Techspace for use of the space and equipment. City of Gold Coast (in particular the office of Cn Glenn Tozer) for additional room hire and admin support.
Schedule of the Day
8:30 AM: Coffee and Arrival
- Coffee cart provided
- Participants arrive and enjoy coffee
- Networking opportunity before the event starts
9:00 AM: Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome message and quick overview of the dayprogrammer
- Acknowledgement of sponsors: Amazon, Refactor, Gold Coast Techspace, CHU Underwriting Agencies and Hello Good World
9:10 AM: Opening Remarks
- Brief introduction to Amazon Bedrock and PartyRock for AWS
9:20 AM: Team Formation and Idea Pitching
- Finalising teams
- Idea pitching session
- Selection of pre-set projects for those without ideas
9:45 AM: Hackathon Begins
- Start of project development
- Access to mentors and technical support
12:00 PM: Lunch Break
- Pizza and drinks sponsored by AWS
12:45 PM: Afternoon Hackathon Session
- Continuation of project development
- Mid-session check-in for progress updates
3:30 PM: Project Showcase and Judging
- Presentation of projects by participants
- Judging and review of projects
4:30 PM: Award Ceremony
- Announcement of winners in three categories
- Corporate (sponsored by CHU)
- Most Fun Project (sponsored by Refactor)
- Most Impactful (sponsored by Hello Good World)
5:00 PM: Closing Remarks
Invitation to post-event drinks at the Woodchoppers Inn