Aruma Women’s Breathwork
ARUMA WOMEN'S BREATHWORK EVENT
Join Liz for a transformative 2-hour breathwork event on October 8th, 2023, at Fernwood Maroochydore. Discover the profound benefits of conscious deep breathing and experience a journey of self-discovery and renewal.
Benefits of Breathwork:
Breathwork is a powerful practice that offers a wide range of physical, mental, and emotional benefits:
- Stress Reduction: Deep, intentional breathing helps calm the nervous system, reducing stress and anxiety.
- Emotional Release: Breathwork can release pent-up emotions, providing a sense of emotional clarity and relief.
- Increased Energy: Proper breathing oxygenates the body, boosting energy levels and vitality.
- Enhanced Mental Clarity: Clear your mind, improve focus, and gain mental clarity.
- Self-Discovery: Explore your inner world, gain insights, and promote personal growth.
The event will be held at Fernwood Maroochydore, Shop 16A, 100 Maroochydore Road, Maroochydore, Queensland. You'll find a serene and comfortable space to embark on your breathwork journey.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably in loose-fitting clothing that allows for unrestricted breathing. Layers are a good choice, as your body temperature may fluctuate during the session.
What to Bring:
- Yoga Mat or Cushion: To ensure your comfort during the breathing exercises.
- Water Bottle: Hydration is essential; please bring a refillable water bottle.
- Open Mind and Heart: Come with an open heart and a willingness to explore.
Contraindications to Breathwork:
While breathwork is generally safe and beneficial, there are some contraindications to consider. Please refrain from attending if you have:
- Cardiovascular Issues: Severe heart conditions or hypertension.
- Epilepsy: A history of seizures.
- Pregnancy: If you are pregnant or suspect you might be.
- Respiratory Conditions: Severe asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Psychological Disorders: Certain mental health conditions or recent trauma without professional guidance.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to settle in.
- Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any concerns about participating in breathwork, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions.
- Eating before a deep breathing event can have an impact on your comfort and experience. Here are some recommendations:
- Avoid Heavy Meals: It's best to avoid heavy, large meals immediately before the event. Digestion can divert blood and energy away from the breathwork process, potentially causing discomfort.
- Light Snack: If you're hungry before the event, opt for a light snack. Something easily digestible like a piece of fruit, yogurt, or a small serving of nuts can provide energy without making you feel overly full.
- Hydration: Ensure you're well-hydrated before the event. Drink water throughout the day leading up to it, but avoid excessive water consumption immediately before, as it can lead to discomfort during deep breathing exercises.
- Timing: Aim to eat your last meal or snack at least 1-2 hours before the event. This allows time for digestion and reduces the risk of feeling bloated or uncomfortable during the practice.
- Avoid Caffeine and Stimulants: Try to avoid caffeine and stimulants in the hours leading up to the event, as they can interfere with relaxation and the ability to focus on your breath.
- Listen to Your Body: Everyone's body is different. Pay attention to how you feel. If you're unsure about what to eat, it's better to err on the side of a lighter meal or snack.
- Special Dietary Needs: If you have specific dietary restrictions or health concerns, consult with a healthcare professional or the event facilitator for personalized advice.
- Remember that breathwork is a deeply personal experience, and how you feel during the practice can be influenced by what you've consumed beforehand. It's essential to be comfortable and relaxed, so choose foods and timing that align with your body's needs and preferences.
This breathwork event promises to be a journey of self-discovery and renewal. I look forward to sharing this transformative experience. Come prepared to breathe, relax, and awaken to your full potential.