ASIST – Sydney 15th and 16th November 2023
Sydney - ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - MATES in Construction
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
ASIST is a 2-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid.
Become better prepared to:
• Recognise when someone may be thinking of suicide;
• Respond in ways that clarify and address suicide risk;
• Understand why suicide thoughts are present;
• Work together to review risk and increase safety; and
• Facilitate links with further help.
Any one of us could face a situation where suicide first aid is needed. ASIST applies in everyday situations with family, friends, co-workers or teammates and in professional roles or volunteering.
In ASIST you will:
• Discuss suicide risk and safety openly and directly;
• Consider how attitudes and experiences affect helping;
• Learn and apply a model for suicide first aid intervention; and
• Share ways to care for and support yourself as a helper.
Cost: $350 inc GST. Please contact Heather Drew on 0411955005 firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Bate on 0499228751 email@example.com.
Parking: Street Parking
Catering: Morning tea and lunch provided. If you have any specific dietary requirements please provide during registration.
Other Requirements: All materials for the course are provided.
You must attend BOTH days.
Dress code: Casual office attire
It would be appreciated if you could arrive at 8.15am on the first morning and 8.30am on the second morning for a prompt start. The course finishes each day at 4.30pm.