Auslan in the Museum
I'm excited to invite you to a self-care event at the museum.
This is a casual gathering designed to provide a space to practice Auslan, distract and foster a sense of community for those without Sunday plans.
- Date: 8th October this upcoming Sunday
- Time: 8:45am for 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (Narrm time)
- Location: Near Carlton
- Cost: slide between $15-30 for cover my time with teaching and Auslan practice.
And you need to pay entry fee: $15, child 0-15 and concession free entry.
- Free: First Nations & Deaf/Hard of Hearing people, I will cover the cost for 4x First Nations and 4x Deaf/hoh people (if you have concession for entry free, please bring your own concession card!).
- What to Bring: Your own snacks and drinks.
- Max of numbers: 16 people only. (welcome to bring your own children at your own supervision)
- Accessible toilet available
- Disability and underground car parking
- Public transportation options nearby- trams and buses, the train can be little long to walk (approx 1km walk)
- Can be noisy with other people who going to the museum, so bring your own ear plugs, I have some in box I can bring as well.
- If social anxiety- please let me know beforehand and I can make sure space is access and find right space to do some Auslan practices.
This event marks our 3rd and last face-to-face gathering in 2023, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. To sign up and receive the full address and extra details, please purchase a ticket.
Take this time to unwind, express yourself through Auslan and learn new things, and engage in meaningful Auslan conversations. We're here to create a supportive and enjoyable environment for all.
See you there!