Australian Women in Wine 2023 National Symposium
Join us in Sydney this November for a day of connection, inspiration and empowerment as we put the issue of gender equality in Australian wine back in the spotlight.
Through inspirational speakers, thought leaders & panel discussions we'll be exploring the challenges women face pursuing a career in the Australian wine industry & how we can best advance them to positions of power and leadership for the betterment of the whole industry.
The theme of the day is “Leadership & Ambition: Exploring the challenges women face pursuing a career in the Australian wine industry and how to advance them to positions of power for the betterment of the industry.” Speakers will include:
- Wendy Harmer, a broadcaster, author, journalist, stage performer, stand-up comedian, and former host of 2Day FM’s Breakfast Show and ABC’s 702 Sydney morning show. She has written eight books for adults including her bestselling novels.
- Amanda Gome, CEO of Notable Media and Vice President of the Women’s Leadership Institute Australia, who will host an interactive workshop on how women can build visibility and influence to help smash their goals and counter everyday sexism holding them back.
- Nicky Grandorge, Leadership and Communities Manager at New Zealand Winegrowers, who will share how their Women in Wine initiative is shifting gender related attitudes across the ditch.
- Dr Chris Wallace, a professor at the School of Politics Economics and Society at the University of Canberra, who teaches on leadership, equity, policy and gender.
- Corrina Davison, Managing Director at American Express Australia and New Zealand, who will offer her perspective on how to advocate for and be an ally for women in achieving equal access and opportunity.
- A panel of women at different stages of their careers – including Halliday Wine Companion’s 2024 Australian Winemaker of the Year Kate Goodman from Penley Estate, and fourth generation winemaker Katherine Brown from Brown Brothers. Ticket price is $395.00 for the full day, and this also includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
With huge thanks to our Presenting Partner, Plumm.
And also to our Session Sponsors:
- Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI)
- Australian Grape & Wine (AGW)
- Stanton & Stanton
Some extra things to note:
🎟️ Limited Capacity - jump in and claim your spot as soon as possible. Once it's sold out, that's it.
👩✈️ Table Captains - each table will have a leader to help steer the conversation & summarise the thoughts & key issues of their table. Interested to take the lead? Send us an email email@example.com
👋🏻 Networking & support – it’s not just a talk fest. It’s a chance to come together and build relationships with each other and networks of support across the regions.
🤷♀️ Who should come? All women in wine. From vineyard, winemaking, sales & marketing, cellar door/tourism, management, production, supply chain, sustainability, HR, research, education & beyond.
🌮 Morning & afternoon tea and lunch are included (dietary requirements upon ticket purchase). Each attendee is asked to please BYO a bottle of wine to share & discuss on your table.
🙋♀️ Volunteers – AWIW is a group of enthusiastic industry women here to support and embrace change, raise funds for supporting women in professional development and bring events to life. Mainly volunteers. If you’d like to volunteer to assist with set up or bump out of the event please email us.
🍸Hear Me Roar the Gin is having another batch made especially for the conference. When you buy your ticket, be sure to add a bottle to collect on the day!
👕Merch – Tees & more will be available to add to your ticket purchase so you can take home a piece of the event.
🐣 Childcare – Need to bring your little person? Let us know how we can support with childcare needs.