Beginner Burlesque with Madam Scarlett Mustang
This 8 week Beginner Burlesque course will allow you to explore the movements and fundamentals of basic classic and neo burlesque dance. You will learn the confidence in the movement and shapes of your body, how to shake, shimmy, bump and grind and you will walk away with 2 routines (a basic classic burlesque tease and a modern chair). This is a great way to get your fitness up, set some hearts racing, and maybe even progress to taking it to the stage if the bug bites you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- types of burlesque styles
- glove & stocking peels and reveals
- Featherboa work
- corset and bra removals
- pasties and tassel twirls,
- body movements and positioning
- Costuming and basic props
- Exploring your Burlesque Personality
WHAT TO BRING:
- Wear comfortable stretchy clothing that you can see your body move in (leggings/tights/shorts and tshirt/singlet etc)
- long satin gloves (any colour)
- 2m feather boa (any colour)
- a pair of pull up stockings (any colour)
- socks (please no heels - studio floor restriction))
LEVEL: Open Level - This is open to all levels of experience and capability. Mobility optional instruction will be provided. This is a safe place for all to explore.
AGE LIMIT: 18+ year up.