Behind the Scenes at Resourceful Living's factory
This event is organised by Renew's Hunter Branch.
Join Renew's Hunter Branch in this exclusive opportunity to visit a multi-award winning plastic re-manufacturing factory at Kurri Kurri in the Lower Hunter Region of NSW.
Following a short presentation by Resourceful Living's co-owner Jess Hodge, you will be taken on a guided tour of the factory to see firsthand the machinery and equipment used in their processing of recyclable plastics such as the sheet-press converting plastic bottles into sustainable household goods and furniture. See how their large 3D printer works producing outdoor sunloungers, or have a go at testing the hand crank extruder to make a noodle of plastic.
Resourceful Living is proud to be working towards a circular economy. Their goal is to remove plastic from oceans and landfill, by recycling and reusing HDPE (2) up to 10 times for a cleaner, more sustainable world for future generation. People forget that recycling does not start when an object is placed into a bin for pick up.
Recycling begins once the process begins and material is shredded, processed and created into something new, then purchased by a customer in its new form.
Resourceful Living is featured in the current issue of Renew Magazine.
Places are limited and bookings essential. $10 Cost includes refreshments and a gift.
Resourceful Living Awards since starting out in 2021:
- FINALIST – She Inspires Awards - 2023
- FINALIST – Small Business Champion Awards – 2023
- WINNER – Outstanding Start Up Hunter Manufacturing Awards - 2022
- WINNER – Outstanding Start Up Hunter Business Awards – 2022
- FINALIST - Small Business Champion Awards – 2022
- FINALIST – Outstanding Start Up NSW Business Awards – 2022
Tickets and attendance:
- Registration is essential
- Renew depends on the generosity of our community to continue its valuable work. We would welcome your donation via the additional donation option when choosing your ticket.