Big Skills for Small Bikes- Learn to ride- July 2023 10:30 start (Booked Out)
Course at a glance
- The course runs from Monday - Friday 10:30am - 11:15am
- The course is designed to teach adults how to teach cycle skills to their children. Parents/carers must actively participate.
- The course is targeted at children aged 3 – 8 years.
- Maximum two children per adult. Individual tickets need to be bought for each child.
- Participating children must bring their own balance or pedal bike and Australian standards helmet.
- Participating adults do not need bikes.
To build lifelong cycling habits we need to teach children to ride when they are very young. However, the reality is that many parents don’t have the skills or time to help their kids get started!
Big Skills for Small Bikes is a learn to ride course for younger children, which focuses on teaching parents and carers how to get their kids riding confidently and safely.
This is a beginner course best suited to kids who are not yet riding on their own unaided.
The program uses a curriculum developed by a Cycling Australia coach and is targeted toward parents and carers with children aged 3 – 8 years. Adults attend the training sessions with the children and are provided with resources to empower them to continue to teach and support their child to develop bike skills after they have completed the course.
The course has been developed due to community demand for learn-to-ride programs for pre-school and lower primary aged children.
If you would like to attend this course but this time doesn't suit you, we are running an identical course at 9:30-10:15.