Introduction to Biological Databases Online Workshop
BDG LifeSciences, operating in India as BDG LifeSciences (OPC) Pvt. Ltd., and in collaboration with BBR PTY LTD. in Australia, is a distinguished bioinformatics company specializing in the facilitation of workshops, training sessions, innovative research projects, and online courses within the realm of bioinformatics technologies. Established in 2010, the company has been actively engaged in the field, holding registrations under the Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises), Government of India, with the registration number UDYAM-UP-01-0019151. Over the years, BDG LifeSciences has successfully imparted knowledge to a diverse array of participants worldwide, including students, scientists, faculty members, professors, and corporate executives.
On a huge demand we have launched a 120 minutes online Workshop in Introduction to Biological Databases which is ia very important topic in Bioinformatics in which we will give you a complete overview of the technology.
On successful completion of the course participation certificate will be provided. Recorded video session will be available after the session for the registered participants.
Unlock the secrets hidden within genetic codes and protein structures! This 2-hour online workshop introduces you to the fascinating realm of biological databases, a cornerstone of bioinformatics. Learn how these digital libraries store and organize information about genes, proteins, and other biomolecules, enabling researchers to answer critical questions in biology, medicine, and beyond.
1. Introduction to Bioinformatics.
2. Types of databases.
4. Primary and secondary databases with classification and examples.
3. Sequence and structure databases [NCBI, PDB,UNIPROT].
4. Sequence and structure retrieval from databases with hands-on exercises.
5. File formats of primary and secondary databases.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop is designed for individuals with an interest in bioinformatics, including researchers, students, and professionals new to the field. No prior knowledge of bioinformatics is required.
The session will be conducted on Google Zoom of which the link will be sent to you before the start of the session.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of biological databases and their role in bioinformatics.
- Explore different types of biological databases and their specific functionalities.
- Learn how to access, search, and interpret data from biological databases.
- Gain practical experience using popular biological databases for specific tasks.
ABOUT THE RESOURCE PERSON:
Sharvari Kulkarni PhD expertise in the area of Bioinformatics specially in Basics & Advanced Bioinformatics, Drug Design, Molecular Simulations & Dynamics as well as Mathematical Modelling. She is the core member of Technical team of BDG Lifesciences and has trained hundreds of participants with a track record of more than 90% positive feedback.
Her major strength is able to create well-structured lesson plans and engaging learning materials that facilitate active learning.
She is one of the favourite trainers of the participants; reason being her patience and teaching methods. She is able to communicate effectively and clearly, adapting her communication style to suit different learning styles and abilities.
T & C:
- It is recommended to provide GMAIL email address while registering.
- Once you register and pay kindly wait as the meeting link will be sent to you by email 2 hours before the session.
- 1 hour prior to the course if you have not received the email to join the meeting in your inbox then kindly check your SPAM/JUNK folder.
- If you have not received the email in your SPAM/JUNK folder then send an email to email@example.com
- For Question & Answer, you should note down your queries and after the course, you can post in the CHATBOX of ZOOM which will be answered when the session gets over.
- All the time you have to turn your mic OFF. If you have questions, please note them down, and later during the Q & A session, you can ask.
- Video recording of the session will be provided on the next day of the session.
- The certificate of this course will be sent to your registered email address in 4-5 working days after the workshop.
- BDG Lifesciences (OPC) Private Limited, India reserves to right of admission/removal of participants in the courses. There will be no explanation for any such act of ours.
- You should also read the Terms & Conditions page as well as the FAQs page.
- To view the pictures of our previous events click here-1 and click here-2. To view, the listing of upcoming events kindly click here and our previous workshops can be viewed here. To view the video feedback of our previous events kindly visit our YouTube Channel