BOSS B*TCH Dance Workshop with Dr. Jae West
She's back and she's ready to go!
After touring Europe for 6 months, performing and learning from the best, Dr. Jae West is back with brand new choreography, creative outlook and content.
Drop into the power and potency of the HUNTRESS with a Boss B*tch routine that'll have you feeling powerful and confident.
This is one of 7 workshops from the Archetypal ALKEMY framework.
Wild Woman - Fierceness
Lover - Sensuality
Huntress - Power
Mother - Flow
Inner Child - Play
Priestess - Devotion
Queen - Confident Grace
FLOW OF THE DAY
2) Drop-in circle and reflections on BOSS B*TCH ENERGY
3) Physical warm up & characterisation exercises
This is a super fun day where you will work away feeling empowered and playful having learnt a new skill-set
Saturday Sept 30th 1.30-3.30pm
King Street Arts Centre
12 SPOTS ONLY
Only $55 or $100 for 2 workshops (Advance Choreo on Thursday 28th)
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE?
1x Archetypal studio sessions with Dr. Jae in the dance studio1x Archetypal ALKEMY - Huntress booklet that has reflection activities to allow you to integrate everything that we explore in the workshop
Do I need to have any dance experience?
No, Jae has worked with everyone from professional dancers to women that have never taken a dance class and feel like they have 2 left feet. This class is designed for all experience levels.
What if I can’t make the sessions?
If you aren’t able to make you can transfer your ticket to another person. No refunds are available.
ABOUT DR. JAE WEST, PhD
Dr. Jae West is an electric and mesmerising performer and choreographer. She has over a decade’s experience taking to the stage and teaching others to reclaim their birth-right of authentic and expressive dance.
Jae started her professional career as a podium dancer and choreographer for the Drag Queens of Perth as a teenager. This extravagant and colourful start to her dance career lead her to a number of pathways within dance. Her credits include:
- Choreographing and dancing for pop princess, Rozalla, during her 'Everybody's Free' Australian Tour performance at Connections Nightclub
- Being a previous member of the dance crew 'Mixed Tape', an all-women’s dance crew that placed 3rd in the 2012 Battlegrounds dance competition in WA
- Co-founding the social movement The Liberators with Peter Sharp and spending months touring both Europe and the US facilitating and attending ecstatic dances and festivals
- Founder of Archetypal ALKEMY framework
- Danced for incredible powerhouse singer Deya Dova at Flow Festival
- Choreographer and performer in the performance group, The Hairy Godmothers
- Previous teacher and facilitator at three dance academy’s: The Dance Collective, Cipher Dance Academy & Amongst Queens
Jae facilitates an exciting, playful, and saucy spaces for women to explore the relationship that they have with themselves, their body, and sisterhood. Her teachings aim to re-inspire a sense of curiosity and gratitude for the lessons that the body can teach us through movement and through sisterhood. Coming together in common-unity to be witnessed in our own unique expressions with complete confidence, creative expression, and sass.