Berry Public School P&C Movie Night Fundraiser 2023
Saturday 16 September 2023
Berry Public School P&C Movie Night is back again for 2023 - and is set to be a fantastic event packed with fun, food and, of course, a family-friendly film.
The event will be held at our favourite local community spot - the Berry Showground.
- Gates open 3 pm
- KIDS ZONE wraps up from 5.30 pm
- FOOD ZONE ends 6 pm
- Movie starts 6 pm
- Movie finishes by 8 pm
- Gates close 8.30 pm
This is a ticketed event – all persons attending must have a valid barcoded ticket upon entry.
- Children under 5 are free to view Movie but must have a valid ‘free’ under 5s ticket and be accompanied by a paying adult
- Tickets are not limited to Berry Public School families, so spread the word amongst family and friends
Movie screen size
It's big..................and it's back!!!
Big shout to our Major Sponsor McGoldrick Estate Agents - for our "McBig" Movie Screen!
And the movie is……(drum roll)……PETER RABBIT 2 (Rated G)
In PETER RABBIT 2, the lovable rogue is back. Bea, Thomas, and the rabbits have created a makeshift family, but despite his best efforts, Peter can't seem to shake his mischievous reputation. Adventuring out of the garden, Peter finds himself in a world where his mischief is appreciated, but when his family risks everything to come looking for him, Peter must figure out what kind of bunny he wants to be.
Proudly sponsored by HORIZON BANK, the Kids' Zone offers a pre-show entertainment area for the kids and will be open 3:00-5:30pm (2.5 hrs).
- Inflatable fun
- Face painting
- Temporary tattoos
- Hair braiding
- Games and challenges
- and new this year - a Photo Booth!
Details for the Kids' zone:
- Entry to this area is paid and a wristband will be issued
- Pre-purchased wristbands are $10, or may be purchased on the day for $15
- The wristband permits unlimited access to activities
- All children, including under 5 year olds, need to have a wristband for entry to the Kids' Zone
Kids' Zone - DJ
Back again this year to ramp up the tunes is the high energy team from "Bop Till You Drop" - the kids' entertainment specialists.
(Sponsored by Turf Co)
Various designated areas will be available – including:
- Seated / BYO chair (towards the back of the area)
- Picnic blanket / Movie Bean Bag zone (towards the front, closest to the screen)
- Grandstand (existing seating)
- Showground fixed benches (existing tiered seating)
Seating in these areas is by general admission. There is no reserved seating apart from sponsors' areas.
Hire a Movie Bean Bag
Sponsored by THE BERRY GYM
For that “Extra Experience” pre-order a special “Movie Beanbag” – limited number available.
- Purchase now with your tickets to avoid disappointment on the night
- $20 prior or $25 on the day
Food stalls will be open from 3 pm – 6 pm, along with the P&C cake stall and BBQ sausage sizzle.
- South Coast Paella (vegetarian option)
- Eat FUH (spring rolls, rice paper rolls, & Pho)
- Shoalhaven Gozleme (vegetarian options)
- JavaLife coffee van (tea, coffee, & hot chocolates)
- BNC Icecream truck (ice creams and slushies)
- BYO picnic food and BYO alcohol permitted (refer to T&Cs - strict conditions apply)
Food Zone is co-sponsored by The Berry Hotel and Mountain Meats
Main ticket entry point
Ticket entry check point to the Movie is via the Albany St gates.
** On foot access only ( car parking entry point via Alexandra St - see below site plan )
Car parking entry via Alexandra St (no entry via Albany St gates). Elderly patrons and Disabled Parking permits will be allocated parking closest to the main ticket entry, however ALL CARS will be required to enter and exit via the Alexandra St main gate entry.
Payment is via a Gold Coin donation.
A qualified first aid attendant from 'All Events Medical Services' will be on site during event times.
Thanks to The Berry Pharmacy for sponsoring this event element.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!!!
Thanks to the generosity of our local Berry businesses, we also have the final element of the fundraiser ……………
1st PRIZE: The Drawing Rooms of Berry Luxury Retreat, two-night weekend stay - valued at $858
2nd PRIZE: Compost Revolution award winning worm farm package - valued at $240
3rd PRIZE: Mountain Ridge Wines gift voucher ($100), redeemed at either the restaurant or cellar door, plus a bottle of Sparkling Chambourcin Cabernet – total value $145
4th PRIZE: CUB wetsuit gift voucher – valued at $134.95
5th PRIZE: Tre Bambini Italian & Seafood restaurant gift voucher – valued at $100
For more information on each prize, head to the Raffle Ticket site
Tickets are $5 each, 3 tickets for $10, 7 tickets for $20
You’ve got to be in it to win it!!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The BARCODED TICKET is required and will be scanned on entry to the event
- Print the barcoded ticket, or carry the barcoded ticket in your smartphone, and bring it to the event
- NO BARCODED TICKET, NO ENTRY
- Early bird discount on offer until Friday 11th August, unless allocation sold out prior (EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 18TH AUGUST)
- Children ticket is for ages 5-18 years
- Children under 5 FREE
Child Tickets and Supervision
- For duty of care reasons, and to be in keeping with the family-based nature of the Event, “Child” tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with an adult ticket or by an adult who has already purchased a ticket
- All children under 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Children under 5 years of age are free to enter the event and view the movie
- Please purchase a free under 5s ticket
- Under 5s will require a wristband if they wish to participate in the Kids Zone activities
- At all times we request that all children are supervised by a responsible adult
- Adults will be allowed to enter the Pre-Movie Entertainment “Kids Zone” free of charge to supervise their children
Wet Weather & High Winds:
The weather forecast will be reviewed on Wednesday 13 September by 12 midday, and a decision to postpone may be made if the forecast is for inclement weather and/or long range bad weather.
Postponement dates include
- Sunday 17 September, or
- Thursday 21 September
If we are unable to stage the event on either of these days, we will postpone the event to a future date and will honour all tickets for the new date.
Cancellation and Refunds:
This is a NO REFUND event
- If there is forecast bad weather, the event will be postponed to either Sunday 17 September, or the following Thursday 21 September – same times, same venue
- If there is some unforeseeable extended bad weather, we will postpone to a future date and honour all tickets at that time
- NO GLASS allowed (as it's a sports playing field)
- Cans, plastic bottles, and boxes of cask wine accepted
- Bottles of straight alcoholic spirits will NOT be allowed into the event
- We reserve the right to inspect bags and eskies on entry to the event by our qualified Security guards
- We request patrons to only bring in a quantity of alcohol for personal consumption for the duration of the event
- Excessive amounts of alcohol brought to the event will be confiscated
- Any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or acting in an offensive, threatening or abusive manner will be required to leave the event immediately
- If anyone is seen to “sell” their personal allocation of alcohol on the night to other patrons and/or supplying alcohol to minors, they will be required to leave the event immediately and will be reported to police
- Entry is at your own risk and we reserve the right to refuse entry
- We shall not be held liable for any loss, injury, or damages sustained entering or within the event – to the extent allowed by the law
- Qualified first aid attendant will be on site during event times
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, you must follow all Security and event official directives
- No animals will be permitted onto the event site, except for assistance / guide dogs
- The event is SMOKE FREE event
Need more information, please contact the Berry Public School P&C committee via email@example.com