Brains & Behaviour: Calmness, Confidence, Cognition clinic
Brains & Behaviour: Calmness, Confidence, Cognition.
2 Day clinic
This 2-day clinic will help you to understand the mind, nervous system and behaviour of both you and your horse, as well as ways to develop skills in creating calmness, confidence and cognition for both you and your horse. We hope that by teaching you how to understand these fundamentals you will learn how to enhance your relationship with your horse, deepen your connection and nurture the emotional regulation and wellbeing within yourself and your horse.
What you will learn:
Day 1 (theory) -
- Introduction to the brain
- Introduction to the nervous System
- Introduction to stress hormones
- Understanding acute vs. chronic stress
- How the body and brain work together to create behaviour
- Understanding and interpreting body language
- How to develop and support emotional health
- How to regulate the nervous system
- How to calm the mind and body
- How to build effective communication systems that facilitate calmness, confidence and cognition
Day 2 (Practical) -
- Human sensory perception games
- Horse sensory perception games
- Human brain focus games
- Horse brain focus games
- Communication perception games
- Human-horse co-regulation activities
- Obstacles challenges
- Horse and human cognition games
This is a very comprehensive clinic with a TON to learn and is jam-packed with info and super fun learning activities. You'll struggle not laugh!!
Don't have a float?
Your horse isn't quite ready to get out and about?
Don't feel quite confident enough to come along with a horse?
NOT A PROBLEM!!!
You can even do this clinic without a horse! There is a lot to learn with or without a horse in hand. Come along for an AMAZING weekend and take home TONS of new knowledge and skills to practice at home on your horse.
Horses won't be needed for day 1, however, they are very welcome to come and stay for the whole 2 days. Your horse will have their own complementary big yard for both days. You can also just bring your horse for day 2 if you choose.
Please get in touch with me directly if you are interested in camping for the two days with your horse or without a horse.
There are only 6 spots available for participants with a horse. Cost = $400
There are 10 spots available for participants without a horse. Cost = $350
Camping at our facility overnight = $50pp. We unfortunately do not supply any camping equipment, so you will need to bring your own. (horses camp for free ;) )
Please note: for anyone who is travelling but doesn't want to camp, there is plenty of accommodation located in Toodyay townsite if you book in early enough.
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns.