Brisbane Basket Brigade 2021 Community Volunteer Packing Weekend DELIVERY DRIVERS
The bags are packed, the presents are wrapped and sorted and now we just need some Brisbane sleighs to deliver our Christmas baskets anonymously to our Brisbane recipients.
Since 1995 the Brisbane Basket Brigade has been anonymously delivering food and present baskets to members within our very own community that may be doing it tough to remind them that someone cares at Christmas. You can volunteer to be a basket brigade deliverer below.
Things to bear in mind before nominating:
- All drivers must be accompanied by at least one other adult person for safety reasons. You will be required to enter all the occupants of your vehicle on your signup form (including any children).
- 1 ticket = 1 vehicle for delivery. All the vehicle occupants are included under the 1 ticket.
- You will be requested to deliver baskets to 2-3 different families within a specific area or zone.
- We will endeavour to meet your delivery location requests, but can not guarantee this and appreciate your understanding. We need to make sure all those families in need receive their baskets before Christmas
- If you really love delivering you are welcome to select more than one ticket, however, you will need to allow a minimum of 2.5 hours between tickets. i.e. If you select a 9am ticket then you could select another ticket from 11.30am onwards.
- All deliveries will be dispatched from our packing venue at Maynes Road, Bowen Hills.
- If you have signed up for a RESERVE delivery spot we will notify you if we need your assistance with deliveries. If you do not hear from us please DO NOT come to the venue.
- We will provide you with full instructions and a briefing prior to your allocated deliveries. This will include how to deliver your baskets, what to say to your recipients to keep it anonymous and what to do if your recipients are not home.
- Please note that the times on tickets below are for the dispatch times from the venues. Please ensure that you arrive within your allocate time to ensure that the dispatch program runs smoothly. Please note that there may be a delay/backlog on pickups depending at which time you arrive and we thank you in advance for your patience.
If you are wanting to volunteer at our packing weekend please see our Community Volunteer sign-up at https://events.humanitix.com/brisbane-basket-brigade-2021-community-volunteer-packing-weekend. Provided tickets are available we welcome people to sign up for both programs.
If you have any queries about how the program works please reach out to us at BBB.Volunteers@magicmoments.org.au and we will get back to you.
For all the details of who we are, what we do and other ways you can get involved you can download a copy of our Brisbane Basket Brigade Ultimate Guide. Be sure to check out pages 26 to 27 of the guide for all the details and FAQs relating to the Community Packing Weekend Delivery Driver.